It's been okay'd to accept Torn cash-monies for API scripts and programs, so I thought I might turn this into a little hustle and see if anyone is interested in some custom programs.
To be considered, your idea for a project must NOT:
- break any game rule(s).
- introduce an unfair advantage.
- be a copy of someone else's work.
- interfere with my other projects or deals made with other players.
- use page scraping (I will develop using the API or manual data entry only so there's no questions on legality - this protects me and you).
Also, please note that my development is limited to .NET, meaning my programs will only work on a Windows-based computer with .NET 4.0 or later (available to users of Windows XP or newer). If you choose to use an emulator or similar software to attempt to run the program on a different operating system I cannot guarantee support for it.
Now, here's what the process would be like...
First, you'd share your idea with me in a private message. Please make it detailed, much like a suggestion to Torn in the suggestions forums - if you don't need to scroll while typing your message, it's too short. Really, details are key - it's MUCH easier to attack a big detailed project all at once, start to finish, than to go back constantly and add this and add that and change this and add that.
Next, once we exchange a few mails to get the details finalized, I'll let you know what kind of a time frame we're looking at and a cost. I've already done commissions ranging from $500k to nearly $1b, depending on a number of factors, and completed projects typically within 2 weeks.
Once a price is agreed upon I'll start working and, after 1 day, I'll send some screenshots of how things are looking thus far. At that point, depending on our agreed upon price and your credit (networth, friend/enemy ratio, etc), I may ask for a down payment.
I'll update you daily as progress is made, and give you a working product in "beta" form by the expected date we discussed. This will give you an opportunity to see if you like it, check for bugs, make changes, etc. During this time the program will query my server for a basic whitelist/blacklist check - meaning only you can use the program, and I can restrict you from using it any time (for security and/or lack of payment).
Finally, once you test it out and we hammer out any issues, you'll complete the payment and I'll provide you with the finished copy (which will NOT query my server for a whitelist/blacklist - so at that point it's yours for life, I can't restrict your use, and the only thing it communicates with will be the Torn API).
Once you have the final copy you'll be on your way. I will continue to support any bugs that may come up or make minor changes, and provide updates if Torn changes the API.
A few more notes...
- I will not "release" the program publicly unless you want it public. This may not affect the price, however.
- If you do have a unique idea and share it with me, I won't share it or make use of it without you're okay - consider it client/contractor privilege.
- I DO have the ability to make a program only work for specific players and/or factions - meaning that even after release, it can be restricted to certain users of your choosing. This should not be seen as an unfair advantage because, really, a lot of players and factions already do their own thing and don't share it - I'm merely outsourcing my skills. There may be additional cost for projects which you want to keep restricted like this.
- If you do not pay for the program upon completion, it will be assumed that you forfeit the idea and I am free to share or sell it as I please.
I expect there will be some haters to this, but it is what it is. I've gotten comfortable with the API and developing .NET apps that use it, so I'm simply running with the idea - no different than the Photoshop-ers and signature makers. As for anyone who may question my work, you need only look at my other work that's already out there in the wild.