Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DONATOR PACK POINTS

Started by Felikitor [1902876] on in Questions & Answers.

34 replies · 793 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

freakmonger [363963]

Yea, false advertising!!! sue them!!!!! .......really?

Does anybody have a screenshot of this 75 point donator pack offer? I haven't seen it.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

i am thinking they will have changed it by time this months pack has finished but will be happy to provide a screenshot if it has not been changed when mine runs out.


freakmonger [363963]

I know that and I've said that a couple of times in this thread and others.

What I'm saying is if somebody can get a screen shot of this mysterious 75 point DP I'd love to see it. Because I've always only seen the 75 points for subscription and 50 points for DP........
Felikitor [1902876]

there is a banner that comes up at the top of the screen that says that you can get 75 points and faster energy refill times, although it is my fault for not checking, it is not clear from the banner that you need to buy the subscription to get 75
Tokig [367758]

It seems people were looking for an image of the banner in combination with the point thread. I don't believe there's a thread yet in the bug section, although i'm also unclear if this is a bug or not. I've never been a subscriber so I cannot confirm if they receive an extra 25 pts above the 50 pts received with a standard DP.

(sorry for digging up an old thread, but this seemed to be the most current thread on this issue when I searched out of curiosity to see if they'd increased the pts received based off the notification at the top)

[image: i.imgur.com]
ReyDuvall [1526820]

So it auto-highlights subscription, which does give you 75 points.

You have been credited with 75 points and one month of donator status. Thank you! 2017/02/01 12:06:23 PM
You have been credited with 75 points and one month of donator status. Thank you! 2017/01/01 10:49:30 AM

So there's no big problem here. Might want to add "per month" on the end.

Thanks for the screenie Tokig!
Tokig [367758]

I think the confusion is over the header doesn't indicate that the 75 pts = subscription and reading and clicking the various options under the page the header takes you to, it looks like everyone regardless of subscription vs donor would get 50 pts - as seen under the big POINTS in the photo. if you click on subscription it doesn't change that 50 value to 75 as you can also note from that picture.

Personally I have no issue with subs getting more points than those that donate, but that should be noted somewhere under perks or something for those that might actually care. I mostly looked into it as I was confused as to if there was a bug and they'd increased the points given but we weren't receiving them or just a spelling error on their part. I suppose it's technically just a poor wording and no real worries on my part as it's not going to change how I play the game.
ReyDuvall [1526820]

That's the points-use tab. It tells you what you can do with points. That's why it says Points in the photo. Because it's the points tab.
Of course the points-use information tab isn't going to change.

It says "click here for this" and when you click it sends you to the place where you get that, Monthly Subscription.

Then if you CHANGE options, to buy packs instead, you get what is explicitly listed "50 points per opened pack"
I figured it out pretty easily.

A subscription isn't a donator pack. I thought that would be clear from how they are listed separately.
Tokig [367758]

Likely because this was the most relevant post when I searched for information via the search feature.

I can't think of the last time I let my DP actually expire without rolling another one over on top of it. My initial reaction was more of a 'oh wow... if I let it expire, the customer retention plan is to try and encourage me to either subscribe or donate again and instead of 50pts they'll throw in another 75!' I thought about it more (since I can't see Torn remotely having a customer retention service of any sort) and was wondering if it was just a typo, something I'd missed in reading the differences between subs vs donators, etc. I suppose I could have started a totally new thread in one of the various forums... but then you'd be equally annoyed from yet another pointless thread semi related to another thread that died months ago...

Anyways... Apologies for your annoyance.