So i'm new to this game and wondering what the best use of my merits are
Merits
Started by RefurnisheR [2001155] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Authority score
- 43 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 26 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
So i'm new to this game and wondering what the best use of my merits are
Education
It depends how you want to play the game, however, I'd highly recommend putting merits into life and education initially.
https://gyazo.com/355cf4c0ab5609e660855c01d61d260f - That's what I have.
Depends on what you want to do here. Education is always a good first option though. Then:
For focusing on War: Life & Critical Hits are huge, Weapon Mastery and Passives helpful, Hospitalization meh
For focusing on Attacking outside of war, like mugging: Masterful Looting & Stealth
For focusing on Crime: Crime Experience and Nerve Bar
For focusing on Wealth: Bank, Awareness
Keep in mind diminishing returns the closer you get to 10/10 in any one area. For example, your first tick into Nerve bar costs you 1 merit for 1 more Max Nerve, while your last tick costs you 10 merits for 1 more Max Nerve.
If you want to make money, be sure to spend them on the bank interest. It helps you out a lot later. But if you are focusing on crimes, spend them on the nerve. Attacking? Spend them on life and critical hits. Hope it helped!
All good advice, I'd also say hang on to them untill you get a 'feel' for the game...it's costly to reset them
Very valid point - I put merits into ones I wish I hadn't when I first started and don't want to pay to reset them. Had I planned it out better I'd have my last tick in education and more in bank interest.
I wish I'd been more thoughtful at the start (and in the middle, lol) It's a 1000 point cost to reset mine