Would I be allowed to refer a friend I live with as we would often be playing from the same house? I don't want to break any rules. Or is it best to have no contact/not help each other on the game?
Same IP
Started by deadup [2001110] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 26 / 100
- Engagement score
- 44 / 100
Would I be allowed to refer a friend I live with as we would often be playing from the same house? I don't want to break any rules. Or is it best to have no contact/not help each other on the game?
Yes, that's perfectly fine. There is a rule that you can have no multis, but if you each play your own game you have nothing to worry about.
You can find more information, explained by ched, here:
http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=1&t=15948799&b=0&a=0
Mentions: IP blocks removed - Play w/ friends and relatives!
YES, You are allowed to play on the same IP as someone else (i.e family member etc..).
There used to be a rule that you were not allowed to interact with eachother. This has now been abolished and you CAN interact on the same IP.
However, exploiting this fact is STILL AGAINST THE RULES. For example; You are not allowed to create multiple accounts and use them to exploit the game in any way. This will result in federal sentencing.
You are allowed to be in the same faction, company.
I think you can also play eachother in Poker (I'd imagine this to be OK, but please check before you do.)
(I just posted this on Jobby's thread which I think was a mocking thread, So for it not to go to waste, im posting it here too!)
As long as two accounts are played by different people and login details are never shared, and one account does not exist for the sole benefit of the other (like "my brother just logs in every 2 months to send me bank interest but does nothing else") then you're fine.
Amazing thanks for the heads up.