Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nerve Bar Increase

Started by dequinny [1961958] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 1.78k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
dequinny [1961958]

I'm not understanding how the NB works. I have over 1500 successful thefts, but no NB increase. How many do you typically need to receive a NB increase? Can anybody help me because I can't find anything online.

Thanks
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

depends really, what's your current nerve bar at and what thefts did you do? How many times did you get jailed or did you only do safe crimes?
_Adi_ [1994640]

I did like pickpocketing until I got an increase (+5) to make my nnb 20, still doing armed robberies to take an another jump of 5. Be patient & follow Nash's guide.
HandsomePants [1897243]

You and OP both are getting jailed regularly, presumably from doing Thorough Robbery on Nash's advice. Thorough Robbery used to be "safe", but seems to have been changed as I've seen this problem more than a few times lately. Solution: stop doing Thorough Robbery, or any Crime that will jail you. Getting Jailed reduces your Crime Experience and hence Nerve Bar growth.

Jackets, Stealth Virus, Mob Boss Assassination, Warehouse Arson, GTA Parked Car, Kidnap Mayor. Stick to those, never get jailed.
dunmugmeh [538353]

When i was early on many many years ago i remember using pick pocketing to go from 20-25 nb.
At 25nb i did thorough robbery for a month or 2 and it was mostly green and then i went straight to arson warehouse to go from a good 25nb all the way up to 45.
dequinny [1961958]

Here is my stats:


Type of crime
Times done
    • Selling illegal products
    • 28
    • Theft
    • 1,360
    • Auto theft
    • 0
    • Drug deals
    • 0
    • Computer crimes
    • 0
    • Murder
    • 0
    • Fraud crimes
    • 0
    • Other
    • 24
    • Total
    • 1,412
dequinny [1961958]

I've actually been jailed more times stealing candy earlier in my starts then I am now...I think thorough robbery has jailed me once in 50 tries
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Then keep doing what you're doing now and you shouldn't take too long to get your nerve bar up, what is it at now?
Leemits [1988079]

Took me aagessss to get from 20-25 NB, just stick at it you'll get there, I stole jackets (4 nerve crime) until 20 NB, and then did thorough robbery until 25 NB.

Green - success
Blue - nothing happens (As far as i'm aware)
Red - fail (lose some crime xp)

If you get jailed you lose a % of your current exp as far as I'm aware, so avoid crimes where you're jailed. If you're really struggling Nash made a good guide to getting your nerve bar up, so refer to it whenever you're unsure what to do.

Here is a guide to Nash's nerve bar guide, I would suggest you bookmark it :).

Mentions: Grave Please