Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

EU or out...

Started by Sweeney_Todd [27468] on in Politics & Law.

74 replies · 606 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 75 / 75 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
75
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

I'm not going to rant one way or the other. So far all I have seen is bullshit from each side with nothing factual to say...

All I can hope for is that all UK players go out and vote tomorrow. I'll be there and then spend the rest of the day in the pub...

What ever you choose, vote and I'll see you on the other side... [:sick:]
dunmugmeh [538353]

It is our duty as the greatest country in the world to stay in the EU.
Without us it would be a mess that we would have right on our border.
Gogs247 [1531870]

I am voting out - having said that, unless there is a real surprise tomorrow I do think that Remain will win. All you have to do is look at the odds the bookies are offering, they are usually far more accurate than any poll.

The campaigns from both sides have been pathetic, neither side had a lead speaker that I could take seriously and both just repeated the same things over and over as if it would suddenly come true. I had very little respect for Cameron before the campaign, now I have none whatsoever.
Sweeney_Todd [27468]

I think it's going to be close. I'm 99% sure how to vote, but I still have doubts. We know the EU is corrupt but we can only make changes being in... [:sick:]
Remilia [1284087]

You should stay!

I said this in another thread, but I have no stake in the outcome, but I'm going to tell everyone what I feel is best for the people in the UK anyway. It's only fair with all the Gun Control they have thrown our way.

So stay in the EU and go down with the ship. Thanks.
LimeTree [1321200]

I do, I see a huge amount of good in that.

If you're Scottish, vote to remain.
If you're English, Welsh, Northern Irish, vote leave!!
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I am with the remain camp.

The EU does need to change and it can happen if the UK protests about it from within loud enough.

Leaving the EU will not benefit the UK. What are you going to solve? immigration? nope, the current system does not function even with those outside of the EU just penalizes those who try to do it by the rules.

Main problem is the UK voted in the wrong party.


David [132845]

I'm not a British citizen, therefore I can't vote. But for the record, I'd vote OUT!

All that stuff about xenophobia, immigration, fellowship, and nationalism is nothing but fluff...

The real deal is that the EU is going the way of the Titanic within 10 years, with or without the UK. So before it goes hitting the iceberg, the UK should seize this sole chance to safely disembark and watch the sinking from the shore. If the IN wins, there won't be another way out.

And if the UK leaves, and the EU ever decides to grant membership to Turkey as a replacement, we'll know what a pathetic farce the EU has become.

EDIT: Typos
Collete [1389080]

I doubt it , everytime Cameron says Britain won't budge a EU official laughs and overules you guys.

We need to build a United States of Europe with the [EU] Commission as government.
(Viviane Reding, EU Commissioner 2014)

EU Parliament is incredibly responsive to lobbying institutions, but is unresponsive to public opinion.
(Gisela Stuart, Labour MP 2009)

Public opinion will be led to adopt, without knowing it, the proposals we dare not present to them directly. All the earlier proposals will be in the new text, but will be hidden and diguised
(Valery Giscard DEstang. on the Lisbon treaty)

The Constitution is the capstone of a European Federal State.
(Guy Verhofstadt, Belgian Prime Minister)

The substance of the Constitution is preserved. That is a fact.
(German Chancellor Angela Merkel on the Lisbon Treaty)



They must go on voting until they get it right.
(Jose Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission)



Sometimes I like to compare the EU as a creation to the organization of empire. We have the dimension of empire.
(Jose Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, 2007)


Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I have being saying since the 90s that the Conservative party cannot handle/deal with Europe.

Voters did not look at what was happening politically/media wise back in the 2000s and are now dealing with that mistake.

If the EU would become a United States of Europe I do not have an issue with that nor would I have issue with it becoming more Empire like.
As long as sane decisions were made, take fire extinguishers in the UK they were clearly made different colour for each type. EU decides make them all red with a narrow band of colour to show what type it is.

The idea of democracy if I was to be completely honest is nothing more of who can manipulate others more with use of ignorance, biased views and outright slander. (having legions of people broadcast inaccuracies/blunt messages helps keep meaningful perspective out of the picture).

Countries that bring less to the table should not have a say in what happens in a country that brings significantly more. There should however be a strengthening of all countries via trade and tax incentives to put Europe interests ahead of others.

Personally I would prefer the Commonwealth to work closer together. Which brings the idea that if the Commonwealth (all countries within it) could form a stronger relationship that would mean the UK should have far more influence in Europe than say some dip shit in Brussels.

I am all for equality but lets be sensible, some countries should be run by others - look at the amount of people wanting to come to the UK leaving their own home countries.

Ideals aside...
The UK does need to be in the EU and the EU needs the UK and the world needs a stable EU.
Brussels and other countries should take note how peeved off the public are at it.


Sweeney_Todd [27468]

Done the deed, voted remain. Sometimes it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't...

Make sure you get out there and vote how you feel... [:sick:]
ColdDeadFingers [1043426]

I voted out and you sir,they should probably have got to head the leave campaign.We have heard a load of bs and scaremongering from both sides.I haven't read up on it but somebody told me gorbachov was asked about it recently and couldn't understand anybody who'd witnessed the failure of the U.S.S.R wanting to repeat the experiment.
Cyrax [249578]

I am not a citizen but in my opinion should of voted out, who would want to remain in the mess that is the EU. Sounds like real pain. Suit yourselves though.
Collete [1389080]
The EU is the old Soviet Union dressed in Western clothes
(President Gorbachev)

I have lived in your future .and it doesnt work.
(Russian dissident Vladimir Bukovsky on the EU)

If you go through all the structures and features of this emerging European monster you will notice that it more and more resembles the Soviet Union.
(Russian dissident Vladimir Bukovsky)