Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nine Appreciation Thread

Started by Evil_Wabbit [1908299] on in Graphics.

26 replies · 355 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
21 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Evil_Wabbit [1908299]

Recently the GFX forum has become increasingly active and less boring. Its amazing how it changed these few weeks and I realized its all because of Nine. Without him this forum would be a desolate wasteland instead of the bustling and lively uhhh...city/forest/whatever it is now. Enough with the metaphors. Lets just thank Nine for his work and effort put into the forum. The mega auction, soon to be mystery box competition, and very helpful CNC all because of Nine. Lets just give a big thanks :)
1983006 [1983006]

Fair to say I've met hundreds of not thousands of artists on this game, and most of them are pretty easily compared to mannequins. They held no passion for the art they created. They were obsessed with the $$$, so they stopped adjusting and learning techniques. They wouldn't give anyone any help, and they just stomped all over the newer aspiring artists and drove many of them away most likely as they were a threat.

Nine is an inspiration, nuff said.
Nine [1463956]

ughm lol..thanks guys..but team efford. We all here for the same reason. And art is like taste...it's so subjective. We may not always like each other work, but we can never forget that it's still art we make here. And i might have some good ideas here and there...without you guys participating in it..it would remain just that...a idea.

So all i like to add to this. Let keep this going and keep doing what we do. We are all great in my eyes. Much love
Michi [1922819]

Indeed it is teamwork. Nine can scream and yell about what he wants to do all day but if no one listens then what is it worth. But will say graphics perked up a bit when he came back.

And about what Number was talking about, yeah there are some mostly about the money but I think a lot of those don't last long. Personally I'm big on staying humble and I think the true artists are the ones that stay humble. We all ask for money but it's understandable. It's real life time and when you think about it all the time put into it most of ask for way less than what our time/skill/patience is worth. At the end of the day the good ones do it because it's a serious hobby for them and they like making people happy.
1983006 [1983006]

I was more referring to what the forum used to be like before the graphics forum went dead. Those who were about money more than anything else did eventually cease to be on the most part. And even some of the true artists did stay humble just not here, the flooded onto other graphics communities as honestly, Torns graphics forum was one of the most hostile environments going. You could cut the atmosphere with a chainsaw on more threads than one.

I get your point that people expect funds for their time, after all time is ultimately money. However these people were bashing out tags in 10 minutes and expecting fees of 50 million a tag. Someone's graphics is basically a brand, some artists were deserving of the amount of money they recieved.

For example a few high quality artists that came to mind are cl3ric0l, _MS_, Zomb13 (occasionally pmsl), Tango Charlie, Crunk, Fallenjuggalo aka BuckCh3rry, etc. Are examples of people who put everything into a tag time, skill, patience.

Where there were others, I'll name SmokingAces as he is now not a player, that would bash a tag out in ten to fifteen minutes with 5 layers and a couple of adjustments. Expecting 50-75m or he'd hurl abuse at all those who asked justification.

I'm happy to see things have changed around here, and I would label Nine In the same grouping of Astral. Leaders of the pack that steer this metaphorical ship through the storm. But also I'm glad to see all these new faces, such as yourself and wabbit who have equally put their all in. I'm proud to see what this place has become. It's the most friendly and vibrant renewal of the forum there's been in years.

So I wish congratulations to everyone here today, as everyone is doing a superb job. :)
Michi [1922819]

I see what you mean. I think I remember reading somewhere about that guy you mentioned being a scammer but sure there were others as well. Too bad I missed out on all that xP

But really I'm glad I found this place. Hopefully we can keep the calm environment and keep working together. :)
1983006 [1983006]

In response to the scamming. I always assumed scamming apart of a crime game, it's a playing style. There's scammers in the forum now. However when it comes to graphics a lot of them do not scam, it's the only time they're humble. SmokingAces as far as I knew never scammed over art, but he did charge insane prices for nothing.
-Jackson [1601454]

Hell yea! Big kudo's goes out to Nine! If wasn't for him, and a few others, gfx would be a wasteland as OP said. Thanks again Nine and Carol and a few others for making this place semi wonderful again, just need to keep it rolling folks. As long as there are good auctions and tags to buy, i'll be buying lol. Cheers.
-Jackson [1601454]

Nine needs more appreciation than he gets. He's awesome and has done ALOT to get this forum up n running again even through his own rl battles and such. He's done an outstanding job. xD
-Jackson [1601454]

Meh, i like making him blush, it's fun xD

Im going to add in here tho, that all this with recent gfx revival isn't solely him, while he did take some of the biggest steps and devotion to get it all going again, it couldn't and wouldn't have happened without the teamwork and dedication of the rest of you taggers. One tagger alone can't run this thread so tbh you all are appreciated and thanked for sticking around even when it was nearly dead and all coming together to make it happen. We are on the climb up again for gfx to be alive and i couldn't be more happier!!! Woot!!

Everyone keep up the good work and again, thank you to Nine for all your dedication and hard work, keep it up buddy.
And hope to keep seeing the rest of you make more tags, customs, run auctions, contests, etc...lets keep this thing going!!
JJE [1019202]

I don't put in much on these threads, but Nine is a class act. True it took teamwork to bring this forum back from the ashes. That being said Rosa Parks refusing to get up for a white bus rider in Alabama in the 50s would've been forgotten long ago if not for the 40,000 black bus riders that boycotted the company after she was jailed. Kudos to to all the taggers here. You guys made it happen and now I can come appreciate your hard work again :)
Scott [227119]

I'd think that's a type of scam[:sick:] , smoking was a good guy though aslong as you never trusted him with cash [:sick:] he did restart not sure if he quit again