Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Logged Off

Started by Joebean [1029287] on in Bugs & Issues.

227 replies · 1.54k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 228 / 228 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

ThyVOD [2000855]

*sigh* yet another victim of this annoying bug. it is only app 4 and 6 for me though. it seems to be very inconsistent with how long it takes to log me out though, sometimes I manage to get to the city and buy a few things, other times I cant even get to the city. about to try and reset my modem, and see if that helps.
DarkAngelLord [1721095]

Torn keeps logging me off , it thinks I am logged in twice but I am not. Happens on App 5 and App7 servers (probably others too). This is a unique BUG as I've never seen it happen this way (been Auto logged off before but not multiple times after logging in each time again, just once or maybe twice) This BUG just LOVES to log you off almost on every click or few clicks :( Please FIX
MEOZ [922033]

Twice now I was in the middle of an bounty attack when I was logged out. The first time 2016/07/05 10:02:05 PM When I logged back in I was logged out numerous times before I could return to the bounty by that time someone else had collected the bounty and I was out 25 energy. Second time was 2016/07/06 1:34:08 AM. Just got logged out still got beat out of 25 energy. I've been using a smartphone and I don't know if that means anything.
ThyVOD [2000855]

guys.....I dont know if its a coincidence it just happened to stop, but I blocked cookies on all sites, then reneabled them on only this one and havent been logged out since. I know it is so RANDOM that that would work, so it is probably a coincidence. but it couldn't hurt to try (cookies arnt actually enabled on the forums just the game page itself)
IS44 [1759408]

Tried this, it worked for a moment, then reverted back to the plethora of errors recorded in this thread, unfortunately.
ThyVOD [2000855]

well shit....I guess it was probably a coincidence...well thanks for trying and telling me whether or not it worked. (ok so someone told my this sounded sarcastic while I was typing it.... I know f**k them, but I still should say its not, to avoid any misunderstandings)
PMV [1577993]

Cant seem to make new threads on the forum, only reply. Also cannot send messages with items (it removes the message when I send).
Marc [24377]

Just an update for you all: I promise this is being looked in to. I hope it will be resolved for you all soon.

In the meantime, please keep posting the debug text that you'll find when you receive the message "You are logged in twice".

If you refresh the page when you get this message, you should be logged back into Torn.

You might also wish to try another browser or clear your cache/cookies if you receive this message regularly.
Alexstrasza [1825532]

Cleared all cache. Browser history. Everything. Should be no reason to have to do this, it's not related to cache.

Gotta be honest, this is pretty pathetic. How can you not see logs or login failure messages, interpret them, and fix the issue pretty quickly? Obviously some change you've made to the authentication system in the Tuesday night updates has triggered this. Roll it back. Seriously, it boggles my mind how these sorts of issues always take SO LONG to resolve.
Marc [24377]

It's related to certain webservers, so clearing cache and cookies will (hopefully) put you on a new webserver that isn't affected.

Considering I've been on at least 3 of the affected webservers, and not been affected once, it's a difficult bug to resolve as it's not affecting all users. If it had been affecting everyone, then it will be easy to narrow down.

I assure you it's being worked on.

"So long" is not as long as you think. It's only been 10 hours. A bit of patience might be nice :)
Alexstrasza [1825532]

It's unfortunate that no staffers like yourself ARE affected, because maybe something would be done about it with urgency, rather than the casual lazy attitude that is coming across.