anybody playing Pokemon Go yet? I just caught a level 56 Zubat under my back deck
Pokemon Go
Started by Actuariolam [1967959] on in Gaming.
About this thread
Posts archived: 47 / 47 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 47
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 30 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- MadHatter [486416]
· 5 likes ·
I just heard about this the other day. My buddy said he went home and found his brother wandering around in the back yard. Asked him what he was doing and he said "catching pokemon". Thought he was on drugs. … - MadHatter [486416]
· 4 likes ·
So... no one else is at least a little bit concerned about using an app that is designed to track your every move? brb grabbin my tinfoil hat cause this shit is too much - Butters [34298]
· 3 likes ·
Saw my first pokenerd walk straight into a pole, drop their phone and smash the screen today. I'm guessing it won't be the last.
anybody playing Pokemon Go yet? I just caught a level 56 Zubat under my back deck
If the server load would calm down!
Yeah I've been having odd issues with it. It will work great for 20-30 minutes then everything starts derping - gym attacks stop, poke stops show up blank, my character just flat disappears from the map... lol.
I force quit the app and relaunch it and it usually comes back up but, it's getting annoying.
Loving go at the moment, not having much of an issue
What pokemon are we catching? Best ive managed is a 61 pigeotto
YES! Aw man, loving this game. So far only caught a pidgey, and leveled up for visiting the local church for a poke stop.
UPDATE. Went for a walk around the block, visited another church, and caught enough pidgys to get my level 40 to 82 and evolve it to pidgeotto. Also caught an oddish, caterpie, rattata, and a fricken EEVEE! Yeah boy! Also starter is bulbasaur
I just started today. I initially had some problems so I closed the app, waited 10 minutes and it worked fine. I've caught a Venonat, Weedle, Pidgy (a few of them and evolved to a pideotto), Charmander, Rattata, and a Paras.
I just heard about this the other day. My buddy said he went home and found his brother wandering around in the back yard. Asked him what he was doing and he said "catching pokemon". Thought he was on drugs.
While this is fascinating (having witnessed the birth of, and grown up with, pokemon), I'm pretty sure the pedestrian death-toll is going to skyrocket from people carelessly walking into traffic.
Went down to the beach yesterday and saw the silhouette of a dratini! If i was by myself, nothing would have stopped me from catching that little bugger!
Im hopeful they will introduce pvp battling and also trading in the next update :)
You can battle at gyms and shit.
Ugh. Tried to catch a rival gym and the Pokemon stopped taking damage. I almost won twice. ;(.
Level 15, pokemon in the high 6's low 7's. None I am particularly fond of, but what is near my house, park, and work. Definitely going to make a beach trip to catch my babies. For a day or so I ran 6 gyms, but by Saturday at 11PM my last had been knocked out and taken over. I took over another gym today, and within an hour it was taken over by someone else. I definitely need to get some other Team Mystic people to go cruise in my car with. Then we can go take over other gyms, and build them up. I have mastered the curve ball, have tons of candies, and enough poke balls to catch anything that comes my way. My park route has 6 pokestops, and they are pretty much ready to go on every loop, so my walks are very fruitful.
This game is bloody awesome!
But what do you mean by level? How do I check that?
Also what's high 6's and 7's? (Sealion)
I've caught quite a lot of pokemon and only had it two days, only level 5 though and don't get the gym battle thing.
Plus they're super easy to spot, they walk while staring at their phones and the sunlight reflects off of them. It's like a dream come true.
So... no one else is at least a little bit concerned about using an app that is designed to track your every move?
brb grabbin my tinfoil hat cause this shit is too much
I drove my teenager all over the city this weekend plus he walked 5 miles around our home catching things. Personally my highest atm is a level 112 Jynx. Being the responsible adult ive resisted the temptation to play & drive. (but i made him try to use both of our phones this evening as i drove lol)
your phone is already tracking your every move whether you want it to or not, might as well enjoy it and catch some pokemon.
but i've been kind of passively playing it while i wander around town and it's a little more fun than most other random apps. what really makes it fun is totally the nostalgia.
i've only gotten one or two pokemon near 400, but all of the surrounding gyms have people at 600+. it's definitely surprised me how popular it actually is. i thought i'd be just me a couple other 20 somethings hoping to relive a piece of their childhood, but there were 30 people on a street corner today, all swinging their phones around, trying to catch something.
Excellent mugging targets
Saw my first pokenerd walk straight into a pole, drop their phone and smash the screen today.
I'm guessing it won't be the last.
Got it today lol
Caught 7 pokemon in my living room xD
Work should be interesting, i travel around the country side for 6hrs most days
Land marks will be an issue for me though