I've only been on the game for one day, so I'm sorry for repeating this subject if it has already been brought up. But my concern is in regards to depositing funds. It would be nice if torn.com allows us to make withdraws and deposits at our leisure from the bank, with the option to still do the long term investing. I've been getting mugged a lot recently and don't have ways to store my money to protect it from attackers, that is a very frustrating aspect of the game.
Depositing money
Started by CultureShock [2003917] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 22
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 28 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I've only been on the game for one day, so I'm sorry for repeating this subject if it has already been brought up. But my concern is in regards to depositing funds. It would be nice if torn.com allows us to make withdraws and deposits at our leisure from the bank, with the option to still do the long term investing. I've been getting mugged a lot recently and don't have ways to store my money to protect it from attackers, that is a very frustrating aspect of the game.
ok there are many options to store your money. From your post what i understand is that u haven't figured out everything on torn yet. :)
The places i store money are
1. Fake trades
2. Bookie that are yet to close more than 2 days
3. Cayman Island
4. Stocks
5. Points
6. Faction
7. Company Banks
etc... still there is more ways
A lot of which I don't have access too because I'm so new. I would still like to see torn.com give us the option to make instant withdrawals and deposits at our leisure with the main bank, rather than the only option being short to long term investing.
Bookie is your best option by far. Just buy points until you can switch over to that
Care to expand on how you would balance this? (Drawbacks to using the bank, improvements to vaults and Cayman so they don't become next to useless)
Can you rephrase the question Xeno, I don't understand what you mean.
Right now the main purpose of getting a vault on your house would be to withdraw and deposit money at will, if this sugestion is taken the only reason to get a vault would be for a bit of happy. (When there are cheaper options that give higher happy)
Same problem with the Cayman banks, the interest is low enough that it wouldn't be worth it to travel to the Cayman banks if you could just store your money in the city bank.
Ok I see what you're saying now. This is how it could be balanced.....
If Torn City bank did have at will withdrawals and deposits, we would have to make the trip to the Cayman banks worth the travel, and that could be done by increasing the interest rates on your investment, I don't know what the interest rates are now at the Cayman banks, but it should be increased to a favorable amount, that will make investors gladly make that trip. As for vaults, not everyone has a Palace, Castle and or Private Island, but for the people who do, it wouldn't be useless, because as you said, it adds happiness and gives the player another option to store money, an option that a lot of other players do not have.
That's not balancing it at all, not even in the slightest.
To be honest to, with the mug protection in place nowadays you're only going to to lose a small percentage of your cash on hand, so banking weekly and sticking to training in the gym / doing crimes will see you through (and eventually you'll turn the tables on those power levelled muggers).
You're missing the point. I'm not too worried about mugging anymore. The main issue is another "at will" money storage outlet for players. Torn City long term investment bank should just become Torn City bank, with a savings account that we can deposit and withdraw money from with no waiting, and still have the long term investment option as well.
My favorite way for funds storage is buying and selling points :)
Basically a lot of cheating ways that are accepted as normal, and not against the actual rules of the game. But yeah, the investment bank is a little weird, there is no normal bank in Torn, so where do we rob?
Exactly Ashley, there's 101 ways to store money the unconventional way, and I find Torn City Long Term Investment bank more of a inconvenience. I want the ability to withdraw my money on demand in Torn City. I shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to access my funds.
You are a gangster making your money illegally. I think the average high street bank you crave may wonder where the blood stained money comes from... [:sick:]
True Sweeny, but even gangsters find ways to launder their money and channel it through legitimate banks. lol
True, but then the Cayman's bank would wonder, as would the Investment Bank, by that logic.
The one barrier I think this would hit if it was implemented, would be how much could be stored. We do not want to make private Vaults useless in Torn, but at the same time, more "legitimate" ways of storing money need to be more accessible to the newer players. People point out all these ways of storing money, but they are all technically abuse of the system, even if not against the Torn rules.
Then again, a lot of things in Torn get mis-used.
I don't think they really care based on who actually stores their money there... [:sick:]
Then why should a bank in Torn care? I don't know... just a minor flaw I see in your logic, is all.
Because what is being discussed is a current account. Normal banks can't exist in Torn for the basic reason that mugging would be removed from the game. Personally I only mug for missions, but it has to exist. There are many ways to store money, and not just by "abusing" game rules. Learn them and use them... [:sick:]