Well, had my sky tv installed today...never had it before and was kinda excited :) ...always had freesat before.
So...999 channels, woohoo! better add my favorites...oh, can only add 50...hmmm, thats ok though, I can just search for the channels when I want to watch one! Wait, oh...there's no channel search function, oh well, at least I can put them in alphabetical order so I have an idea where they are! Oh, I can't do that either.
How freeking shit is that
Sky is the biggest load of shit. The play the same shit over and over and over and over again. Plus it's way overpriced. I don't watch TV myself but I got one of those satellite streaming boxes for 100 quid and now I have all the same chanel's and more for free from now on. I used to have sky and glad I switched. The prices they charge are outrageous.
I helped a friend move house, they had basic sky subscription but had not yet arranged the move with sky. I pointed out they had a freeview TV (they had never even used the function) so we picked up a £1 coax lead and hooked it up to the existing aerial. They were amazed at what they could get on freeview and are seriously considering cancelling their sky subs.
Sure sky do have some premium content, but all at a premium price.
What is Sky?
I have never heard of it before, so this question may offend you.
Its like a cable TV company in the UK and Rep Ireland.
That premium content i have never bought. I have virgin tv but its probably about the same.
I am NOT doubling my monthly bill to get sky sports and movies and it really is doubling your bill as well.
My bill now is under £70 a month for tv, phone line, interweb (fibre optic). If i added sky sports/movies i would hate to think how high it would go.
I have the interwebs...I have all channels from around the world for the cost of my interwebs which is about 75 dollars usd a month.
My 2 favorite channels are SkySports F1 HD and PressTV.
I have 40.00 a month for Internet. 12.00 a month for netlfix. You tube is free & my T.V. antennae still picks up 25 channels. of which 6 sometimes 7 are pretty deceint.
In the past I've had Time warner's regular & premium packages. Same with Dish net & Direc tv. They were ok. But not ideal for the price I am however considering Timewarners Bundle package. Cable Internet & Phone for 99. a month As I don't have a home phone & would like one for faxing purposes. I was gonna go with just the Phone & net. but it's only an extra 20.00 a month for the basic cable so figure wth.
People still FAX?
You seriously need to change your forum sig.