I want to start a company and want to read up on everything, but I still have questions and cannot find a guide. I could also buy a company. Don't know what to do. I'm a failure.
I absolutely need to do this! And methodically!
Insert HELP dose please friends O.O
To buy a company you need to quit your job, then go to the newspaper-company listings-select the type of company you want-start new company.
Once you do that you will want to hire staff, assign them to positions and upgrade the company if needed.
Start with that and let us know how you get on.
i need little help with that too, where can i find what is needed for gaining stars, if it costs something to upgrade from 4* to 5*, how long it takes and so on.
i tried to find this but no luck so far
It's not a financial cost. Stars are aquired buy your takings. Take lots of money and you will eventually rank up. Nobody knows exactly how it works but if you maximise profits you should get there soon.
I got mine from 1* to 5* in 60 days and some sweet shops have done it quicker. Normally it will take longer though.
I'm not an expert player, HOWEVER, I found a "guide" over here, on the
Torn City Wiki(just go browsing around and you'll find all you want to know eventually). The wiki whas a bunch of other useful stuff too, and being the current noob I am, I've been reading it like crazy, so I'm pretty confident you'll find what you want. Good luck.
What I would do if I absolutely had to buy a company and run it are a few important things:
1. What are your goals? Is it for money? For Fun? Certain Perks? Job Specials? Bank? 10-star potential? Re-sale?
2. Add up costs and ask yourself: "is it cheaper to just buy a fully upgraded company?"
3. Ask a top 10 Director of the company type you are interested in some questions
4. If you are doing this for profit, research your company type i.e. does it actually make money? (calculate this correctly: remember to figure in ALL COSTS i.e. upgrades,buy cost,wages,divide it over time into a daily profit ROI)
5. Forum dig company discussion threads
I.e. if you were doing this for pure profit (in the long run) top 3 would be:
1. TV Network
2. Oil Rig
3. Sweet Shop (this would probably be no.1 in the short run)
Tip: a lot of this you could ballpark figures for simply using the newspaper>Job Listing>Companies
please please don't block quote my entire post when it is literally right above it... at least edit it down so all it has is my name or something lol it makes responses so much harder to read.(see below, its a good response....just omg the block quote MY EYES!)
maledict [1677916]What I would do if I absolutely had to buy a company and run it are a few important things:
1. What are your goals? Is it for money? For Fun? Certain Perks? Job Specials? Bank? 10-star potential? Re-sale?
2. Add up costs and ask yourself: "is it cheaper to just buy a fully upgraded company?"
3. Ask a top 10 Director of the company type you are interested in some questions
4. If you are doing this for profit, research your company type i.e. does it actually make money? (calculate this correctly: remember to figure in ALL COSTS i.e. upgrades,buy cost,wages,divide it over time into a daily profit ROI)
5. Forum dig company discussion threads
I.e. if you were doing this for pure profit (in the long run) top 3 would be:
1. TV Network
2. Oil Rig
3. Sweet Shop (this would probably be no.1 in the short run)
Tip: a lot of this you could ballpark figures for simply using the newspaper>Job Listing>Companies
I would put nightclub in there, they are cheap, easy to get to 5* and have a pretty good special which helps find employees and will pay for the company fairly quickly.
Best company for those on a budget.
Mentions:
maledict [1677916]
Which company makes more profit in short run?
Tv network.
Firstly, I'm not sure why posts are being down rated. They give good information.
Secondly, Esper, you say in your first post that 'I'm a failure.'. That doesn't really give me or potential employees confidence that you will lead the company to greatness. You should really think abou your choice of words more.
Companies ARE (and I don't care what others tell you) VERY difficult to run effiecently and correctly. It will take months, if not years to find a perfect set up for your company and maintain good performance and making a good profit each day.
Please read Tarelli's posts above. They are helpful and will give you an idea of what you should do!.
Just to let you know, YOU WILL most likely LOSE money at first. Depending on which company type you choose increases the likeliness of you losing more money.
logging in daily helps getting stars