18 replies · 113 views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
34
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Most-liked replies
PMV[1577993]
· 1 likes · Why not create an IRC or discord channel with the people that you've interacted with? IRC even has several community and lotto rooms where you can win prizes and chat with.
Ceb[68232]Committee
· 1 likes · was going to say the same thing. anyway, R+ I'd also like a chat for current races. I need to talk shit with my fancy Class E skillz and I can't :'(
I really enjoyed New Players chat because I felt I could freely talk in there without feeling all too worried about getting attacked or bountied or whatnot. I think it would be cool if we could continue that camaraderie with varying types of chats other than Global. I have two suggestions.
1. Make an Intermediate Player chat, Advanced Player chat, etc. Maybe intermediate is for players 1-4 months old and advanced is 5-12.
2. Make a cohort chat. Put people in blocks based on their IDs, so that the 5,000 or 10,000 IDs close to you will always be in that chat. Basically, you always have people to talk to that are about the same age as you.
This would help newer and slightly older players feel more comfortable socializing without fear of being targeted. It would also enable group conversations to conveniently continue past the 30 day mark.
The new player chat wasn't around when a lot of us started. If you think it's helpful you should definitely mention this in the new player chat or find a new player and have them post it in the chat.
Personally I don't agree with this because some people are just gonna be randomly added to chats they don't want.
If new chats were to be made I'd like to see group chats were I can add say a maximum off 12 players to a chat and it be our own group chat with 12 players etc and be an easier way of communicating etc in a war when some factions split up there members into teams them teams can have there own group chat to hit a chain and talk tactics without being disturbed by the faction chat. So yeah I'd like to see a personal group chat.
Don't discriminate against me just because I'm not in your race! We need a chat for all races [:wink:]
But actually a 'Race Track' chat would be a very good way to set up PvP races and tournaments. And if I saw that chat light up green every so often I might be more inclined to race for fun during downtime. Most people would turn it off, but there is a good racing community here. Thanks Ceb for hijacking this thread!
I'm around 10 months old now and most of my (chat-)contacts are about the same age. Probably the way nature works.
Myself i don't have the need for any other chat then private chats, but i do understand that people like to talk to others with the same age in a groupchat plus i think it could be helpfull for the game by keeping more people on board. If people feel that they can speak out freely it could help them to play longer instead of quitting which is good for the game.
A lot of people play because of the social aspect so accomodating that would be a very good idea. R+
Why not create an IRC or discord channel with the people that you've interacted with? IRC even has several community and lotto rooms where you can win prizes and chat with.