I heard something frightening today on the radio and was wondering if anyone else has been hearing the same language used. Apparently Hilary and Trump both used the term "World War" when describing combating terrorism. both claiming we are already in a world war. a few other names were mentioned although I cant remember them at the moment, but it seems that this is the language they are going to be using.
now a term like that carries a certain weight with it. a terrifying possibility at the very least. personally I would rather a term like that be kept in a vault until its use was absolutely necessary.
I predicted that after the presidential election the US would engage in a new conflict regardless of who the winner is. perhaps some of you remember that when in the threads regarding those two candidates. I sincerely hope that this new language isn't in preparation for a large scale offensive encompassing more than one territory. however, that is my concern upon hearing such a term used.
what are your thoughts? do you think the recent attacks will fuel the furnaces of war on a large scale? do you think a term like that should be used or kept close to the vest until absolutely unavoidable?
I fear more attacks will come and after the election whoever wins will start in on how the US must do something and so must the world.
Yes we are currently in a state leading up to world war, we are in various phases of one leading up to it.
the US cannot start it nor end it right now but can certainly make things either inflamed (Trump) or potentially cool them (Hilary) which style will work depends on how the world reacts to the one who takes the presidency.
So many a*****es in the world f**king shit up and preventing stability of any kind is making it worse and worse.
Another happy thought on top of everything going wrong, we now are drowning in plastic, micro beads of plastic are being found in people and sea life it is in our food chain yippee.
but back to the world war thing....yep the world is heading to one we need to take on board what various people been saying for thousands of years but which modern day people say f**k em and their religion. so the most modernised version of what every worthwhile religion aspires to teach :
Be Excellent to each other.
(if everybody followed that then maybe no world war).
Bill and Ted's most excellent adventure is a worthwhile watch for any modern day philosopher and war monger alike.
It will end up with a war on Islam by the West, not a 'World War' as we recognise it
Just like David Ike predicted.
We've been in a war against Radical Islamic terrorism since 9/11. Sure it was pacified some for Obama's administration. (Less troops more drones) but it never really ended. In all honesty with the way we left Iraq and Afghanistan it seems like it was intentional so they were able to blow more wind on the flames instead of smother them.
Could be my paranoia speaking but just seems that way to me. But yes I agree whoever is elected it seems official war is imminent. Difference being though. I think trump will do his best to wipe em out. (As much as humanly possible) where as killary will follow In Obama's path and drop to knee and polish knobs to inflate egos and keep stoking fires. For whatever globalist reasons suit her and her endorsers agenda. What ever that may be.
The fear of another world war has existed pretty much continuously since the end of the last one, no?
Already looks like the entire world is pretty much at war.
yes but we don't usually claim the conflicts we are having are world wars.
don't you find it troubling that those who send our young people to die are now using such language?
The world is and has been in a state of war for a very long time now..We have been actively at war since 9 /11. I know a guy that has been deployed 4 times now and he is in the national guard. And then there was the Muslim spring I believe it was called on the news here. Were the people in the middle east started uprising against there governments which is still going on today. The US out of pulling out to early from Iraq and Afghanistan and the power vacuum in those countries along with the crisis in Syria created Isis not to mention the Czech/Russian crisis Its not that difficult to believe we are in a state of undeclared world war.
Well I mean the cold war never really ended, plus if you look at the number of countries the US military is involved in (not just in terms of bases, but actual conflict) you might say it was sane to point out there is a world war ongoing. Of course, it is very troubling when it is the prospective leader of empire making the claim, yes. But I can assure you that Hilary will almost make Obama look like he deserved the nobel peace prize....
I don't consider it to be WW3, but there are more countries involved in the war between radical islam terrorists and those they hate than were involved in either of the World Wars, so I don't find it troubling that some people would consider it a world war, no.
Though I interpreted what Hillary said as OPPOSING Trump's statement about WWIII, since Cooper asked her about his WW3 comments and she said, yes, we're at war, but a different kind of war, one that requires us to share information, not put troops on the ground.
Hillary responding to one of Cooper's questions:
"Here we have an idealogy, it's not a nation-state, and when people draw comparisons with "world war, uh, i'd even call this ww3" it's a very different kind of war and we can be easily mislead, and I would point people to read more about what the hopes and ambitions of ISIS happen to be, they would love to draw the United States into a ground war in Syria. They actually think the End times could be hastened if we have some great confrontation in that region. So we've gotta be smart about this and not be pushed and pulled into taking an action that doesn't have the positive effect it needs to have. So I would be very focused on an intelligence surge. I would be very focused on working with our partners and allies and intensify our efforts against the idealouges who peddle radical jihadism online."
What do you expect from Hillary and Trump. Neither one of them has even the foggiest notion of what war is like. Trump pretended to be a soldier in High School, and Hillary protested soldiers in the 60's. That is as close as either of them ever came.
Personally, I don't see the middle east as the catalyst for WW III. I see the Chinese trying to control South America, and Africa, and the Pacific ocean as the catalyst, while the issues in the middle east will have just been the way that the west exhausted its resources and will-to-fight... so yeah it is a possibility since those things are already happening.
I don't disagree with that. I also doubt any of these other politicians have an idea what it's like to be in war, or even a street fight for that matter. (McCain excluded) & why should they. They we're born a bred to believe us regular folk are insignificant & should do be doing the dirty work for them. We're expendable.
I know how you feel about Trump as well. & I won't argue those feeling as my opinion of him up until he announced he was running was. he's just another rich arrogant bastard that thinks his shit don't stink & his word is gold above all else. BUT. He is also on the attack as far as China goes. & has also addressed the threat they are expanding to be. & it makes sense. They been watching us for more than the last decade exasperate our resources on 2 main war front's & God know's how many lil proxy wars. & their just sitting back biding their time & building their empire. They know this "war on terror" is not going to end anytime soon. If ever.
Taking all that into consideration. & I don't mean to keep bringing up Trump. lol. But the fact that he has & want's to remain good relations with Putin Is also comforting in my opinion. As if this is the scenario we're more than likely approaching. It would be nice to know the Ruskies aren't also involved in wanting annihilate us. Plus with Russia also having a good ally in China & also have a common enemy in IS. Common sense 101 says we should be making nice with Russia. & the left & current administration & Shitilllary don't seem to wan't to move the chess pieces to accommodate the best scenario for us.
I understand why you support Trump, so no problem bringing him up... but I have yet to see a real plan... or even hear anything that sounds like it might work. I mean he claims that he will negotiate better deals with China, but to be perfectly honest with you... I think it is already too late. They got the money already. They have the manufacturing already. They have the natural resources, and they have built the islands and docked their ships and landed their planes. They already have "secret" deep water sub bases built, and they have stolen so much technology that they can pretty much build whatever they want with the know how of their US educated engineers.
In other words... the genie is so far out of the bottle that putting it back would be like trying to shove a Nurf football through a keyhole without lube... ain't gonna happen... no matter how great Trumps negotiating skills are should he get elected.
We are in a WW. Its a World proxy war. The war machine just got smarter. In history lessons to come in another 100 years this era will be in the books. You can count on that.
So its a good time to start getting fit, shed that excess fat off of ya. Train your legs to walk for several km with a 60kg pack on, uphill, downhill and across hill. The work you put in now will make life easier later on. :)
I'm kind of surprised at how people are reacting to world leaders using the term "world war" considering the overall state of things.
perhaps its just me. when I heard it I found it quite concerning. hopefully its nothing to worry about.
Way ahead of ya bro.I been walking 2 miles a night with progressing into a nice jog for about a quarter of the way. Push ups pull ups etc. & pushing the kids & woman to do the same. Don't forget to stock up on ammo & report any registered firearm's "stolen"l. I need to work on getting a deceint back up generator with at least 200 gallons of fuel. But if worse comes to worse I got enough can goods to feed my clan for at least 2 months at this point. I still need a 200 gallons of potable water. & to get busy on fixing my backhoe attachment on the tractor & getting the other vehicles running at their best ability. I'll try to make a stand where im at for as long as I can. but as you've indicated that mite not be an option for the entire time.
Glad to hear bro. Keep improving, step it up a notch when you get comfortable, I'm sure you know this. Stay sharp.
its not a world war its a ideological war.
there is a sizeable proportion of people in the world who have a screw loose/something missing etc in their brain.
some of this will be mental illness but a lot of it will be brainwashing/indoctrination into weird thought processes.
some preacher men are evil and will try to recruit their followers to perform their warped plans.
the product of what is going on is a sizeable group of people willing to do ANYTHING.
that is what we are up against irrational people, anti social people, sick brainwashed people.
its not just in 'loser countries' where this is going on.
in the 'civilised' world of the west there are a lot of people running around with weird irrational thoughts in their heads due to brainwashing/conditioning as well and you dont need to look far to see it.
life is too short for this nonsense.