Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Does Not End War

Started by Highscore [1993579] on in Faction Discussion.

13 replies · 391 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
44
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Highscore [1993579]

I myself am a low-level player (Lvl 11), holding a ( rather full ) low level (lvl 1 - 17), non-warring faction. Recently we lowered our Respect, and are holding it between 75 and 99, so as to avoid wars. A single faction, however, did not end the war, and they are almost constantly chaining on us, making life quite difficult for everyone.

Yes, I tried contacting the faction's leader, like I did with so many others - it took him 2 days to reply, and he talked in 2 word sentences. His demands were 50mil, after which he began completely ignoring me. ( I should add that 50mil is far out of our league, we are having trouble getting the money for a 30 mil member upgrade... )

Considering that I do know that it is a bad idea to start a faction at such a low level, and knowing that we are practically a chain farm, is there anything we can do to end the war with this faction so as to be able to do anything besides living in the hospital?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Bezee [1685702]

Creating a thread for this was just the thing not to do as you've advertised your faction as potential filler farm.

Ignoring and hoping the chaining faction eventually claims would have been the best thing as there is no guarantee that they would let up even after you paid the extortion fee.
JS_REP [1033180]

Check out the guest chaining thread. Maybe it might be cheaper to hire a few guests to help. I personally won't guest for anything less than $500 k a hit but maybe you can negotiate with someone who is willing to take less. Good luck to you.
M1-Garand [1955142]

you have 2 options. You dont fight back any of the wars (aka roll) and med out of the hospital to train time and time again until you are strong enough to beat your foes. two is to scrap your faction.
Highscore [1993579]

Yes I know its a bad idea to make a thread advertising how weak we are, but as I said, I am desperate.

In respect to training - that's wall we are doing right now. Wait it out and hope? I guess that's the only viable choice.

And the issue with chaining - expensive, and we are poor. :V
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Why on earth would anyone use a sub 100 respect faction as a filler? You literally one hit win, giving nearly no respect... It's honestly just a big waste of energy to keep factions like that in your warbase.

Looking at their faction the other faction actually refuses to claim the war too for some reason. I'm not really sure what can be done in this case.
dunmugmeh [538353]

Stats are power. A faction full of weaklings is a viable target for anyone in the current war system.
Personally i dont think that is good for the game.
The gym is your friend.
Highscore [1993579]

And just for everyone's info: they are rank 55 and are in 48 wars :P

Yeah. No wonder they don't care about negotiating peace...
taktikz [7800]

There are no peaceful factions in Torn anymore. Just because you claim yourself as a peaceful faction, does not mean other factions have to respect that.

If I was the other faction, this thread would inspire me to keep it up, and possibly increase the extortion price...

What you could do though, have everyone in your faction self-hosp or leave the fac for a few days, and then you self hosp for the amount of time required to have the war time out, then have everyone rejoin
KickRocks [1030718]

From OPs faction description...

29 DAY NAP FOR 5MIL


That's extortion too, ya know.


My advise would be to quit recruiting til you have a solid base of players.