Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Info (web application)

Started by Wolverine [1971836] on in API Development.

57 replies · 2.88k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 58 / 58 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
58
Discussion span
→
Authority score
70 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Wolverine [1971836]

Torn Info (http://torninfo.azurewebsites.net) is a web application that displays information about players, factions, items and stocks.

Stores in the database the attacks made by the faction members (needs the faction API permission) and generates a link that allows anyone to see the Attacks Report (no Api Key is needed to see the report).

Tracks the last 10,000 meds, drugs, points and energy drinks used by your faction members to discover who is abusing the faction resources (needs the faction API permission).

Manages the faction organized crimes (needs the faction API permission):
- shows the crime each member is currently doing;
- lists the successful, failed and ready to start crimes;
- automatically calculates the NNB of the registered players;
- allows to manually insert the NNB of the players not registered to Torn Info.

Calculates players "Power", which is a number obtained from public stats like drugs, refills, attacks, revives, crimes, NW, SE.

Tracks honors and medals.

Monitors the stock market allowing you to specify a buy price and sell price for each stock, and puts on top those closer to your desired price.

Lists all Torn items allowing you to easily search them by name/type/description and shows the lowest bazaar/market price by clicking on their name.

I also want to share with you my experience about the nnb needed for organized crimes:

- Bomb Threat: 20, 25, 30
- Bomb Threat: 20, 20, 35
- Planned Robbery: 30, 30, 35, 35, 35
- Money Train: 40, 40, 45, 45, 50, 55

- Plane Hijack: 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60

- Political Assassination: 60, 60, 60, 60
Wolverine [1971836]

Now displays the number of attack made during wars:

- The "Update" button stores in the database the last 10,000 attacks made if you have the "Faction API" permission;

- The "Search" button allows anyone in the faction to see the attack report.

In the future I'll add some more features, like the ability to order the columns and add information about retails and defends.
HandsomePants [1897243]

This is clean and simple, I like it. The "Energy Bonus" stat is nice, something that even Torn Stats doesn't give you, though it still doesn't tell the whole story.

The other area I would love to use is the NNB section, but I'd need every other faction member to come plug their API key in, right? Then you just allow each member to see only their faction's stuff? Again, I like it and it's a differentiator, I just don't think that's gonna happen for us.

Nice job though, keep working on it :)
Wolverine [1971836]

"energy bonus" is calculated as: lsd * 50 + xanax * 250 + refills * 150.
I use stats page heavily during chains because it gives a very quick view of the main stats usually used to determine who is stronger between 2 players.

yes, only members belonging to the same faction can see nnb and crime success bonuses, and only leaders can see the battle stats of their members. Torn Info is able to get such information using the api key (that anyone can reset anytime).

By the way the chain report in the faction page needs the api key of just 1 member with the api permission to display the attacks made by the whole faction. I'll improve that report the next weekend.
compared to torn stats, players can change name without messing the reports, it's a lot faster because it stores all attacks in the database, allowing searches in less than 1 seconds.

I don't think that this project will have success because I'm not a 10 years trusted staff member like Icebluefire :P

honestly it's just a test project to learn web development (I started studying a couple of weeks ago), it's also helping me to understand what information Torn Api can give, and most of all I'm having fun in developing it.
Wolverine [1971836]

added "age modified" that takes in consideration the donator days and number of logins.

the days without donator status are considered 2/3 of day.
Wolverine [1971836]

I introduced a new way to compare players in the "Stats" page.

Natural energy: natural regenerated energy modified by the number of logins and donator days.

Bonus energy: Energy got from xanax, LSD and energy refills.

Malus energy: Energy spent for attacks, revives and dump searches.

Total energy: a sum of the previous values to determine who is stronger between two players.

Try it and let me know how accurate it is! ;-)


Example:
EnergyWolverineHarleyDifference
Natural149,280128,28820,992
Bonus57,200211,950-154,750
Malus-28,875-59,47530,600
Total177,605280,763-103,158
This shows that I used more natural regenerated energy than Harley by 20992, but by being a xanax user he has a greater energy bonus than me by 154,750.
He spent more energy than me in attacking and other stuff by 30,600.

Overall I used 103,158 less energy than him, so he probably is in Cha Cha's gym (correct me if I'm wrong Harley if you are reading this ;) ).

Thanks to this tool no one will be fooled anymore by players with great age and low activity in the past,
there will be less need of spies,
players will fail less attacks,
it will be easier to attack players overseas,
level holders will have an hard life from now on because this tool will reveal their true power!
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

It's accurate as in, I'm also in heavy gyms, but honestly I'm one of the most horrible people out there to compare too, as I've been inactive for well over 9 years, have a huge activity with very little logins from the past ~10 months and my booster cooldown hasn't been on 0 since I came back aswell xD ( edvd's and then cans).

Although it's a nice score, and in most cases it could work aswell :p
Wolverine [1971836]

you have been the perfect subject for my tests :D

until now I was afraid of high aged players, but thanks to this tool I'm not afraid anymore.
Wolverine [1971836]

basically I add to the "natural energy" 720 for each donator day and 480 for each non donator day.

720*donator days is always added even if you have only 1 login made.

if the number of logins is less than age then it will affect negatively the number of non donator days (so adds 480 less energy for each login less than age), to penalize inactive players.

compare this Harley's table with the table shown a few posts ago to see how Harley appears now stronger:
EnergyWolverineHarleyDifference
Natural150,720672,240-521,520
Bonus57,800213,500-155,700
Malus-28,880-59,82530,945
Total179,640825,915-646,275
Tempest [1867527] Wiki Contributor

Can you tell me your total stats?
Just to check the new version of compare info.Pm me if you don't want it displayed in the forums