Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

HRG Block

Started by Zula [1929723] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 206 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

Zula [1929723]

I posted the following question in the stock market forum but figured this is a better place for it:

How does the HRG block work? I know you get free properties every ~7 days and that PIs are not included. But does anyone know if the property you get is truly random? As in, are the odds of getting a Castle the same as the odds of getting a Semi-Detached House?

It would help if people post all the properties they've received from the HRG block here so we can get a sense of the odds.
morlock [892988]

yes, it is totally random.

In the past 109 days of me having the stock, I have gotten 3 castles.

You get free properties at random.
there have been 3 weeks where I got nothing,
But also had good weeks where I got a bunch.

I think its worth it....

(edit: so basically its totally random, from times you receive and which property they give you)
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee

I doubt your odds of getting a castle are the same as getting a semi-detached house, but yes, it is random as far as frequency.
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee

I have theories about this, but they are probably just tin foil hat theories. It seems like people who are poor or live in someone else's property are more like to get castles and palaces.
Butters [34298]

The odds of receiving a castle, palace or even a ranch are definitely much lower than the odds of receiving a property at the other end of the spectrum.

Anyone who has had a HRG block for any decent amount of time (I'm talking years) would have a property list that shows what the odds are in an undeniably clear fashion.

Heck you can check out my property list - I can assure you that I certainly have not received 3-4 pages worth of castles, palaces or ranches (the total number of all three properties I've received wouldn't even fill one page).
Zula [1929723]

Butters (and others who have held on to your properties) would you mind counting up how many of each you've received? That kind of large sample size would really help the discussion.
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee

In the last 4 years, the person I am married to has received 5 castles, 10 palaces, and 2 ranches. In that same time, I have not received a single castle or palace.
Queequeg [1602158]

Sure it's worth it, the price of the stock has gone up since I bought it. It's random all right, I don't usually get a 1 property a week, and the best property I've gotten is a 1 ranch and a bunch of semi detached houses, but I've only had it 203 days. I'm not a lucky man, if I were more lucky, many Leslie will stop punching me in the face.
Zula [1929723]

So it sounds like it's a weighted probability distribution favoring the cheaper properties. If anyone has good data about ALL the properties they've received (good and bad) over an extended period of time I'd love to hear it.
Queequeg [1602158]

OK, So I was wrong....again....dang it! I think I got more beach houses than detached houses. I like saving events and email where I get moneyz from stock.

Home Retail Group
have transferred the deeds of a brand new Chalet to you. 2016/07/06 7:49:05 AM
Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Villa to you. 2016/06/30 10:49:09 AM
Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Ranch to you. 2016/06/27 2:49:09 AM
Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Beach house to you. 2016/06/13 3:49:08 PM
Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Detached house to you. 2016/06/09 3:49:48 AM
Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Mansion to you. 2016/05/15 12:49:13 PM
(email) Detached house 2016-5-5
(email) Villa 2016-4-14
(email) Beach house 2016-4-13
(email) Chalet 2016-4-14
(email) Beach house 2016-3-14
(email) Semi-Detached 2016-3-11
(email) Beach house 2016-3-7
(email) Villa 2016-2-27


Jacob [972654]

I don't have the defined data that you're looking for, but I've had a HRG block for probably 6 years in total on and off.

Never received a castle, 1 palace, few ranches and mansions and dozens of semi'd's/chalets/etc.

I've never lost money on HRG but a castle would be a very nice bonus having held on to it all this time.
Wulfric [1767972]

Here's my last two months of events, if that helps.


All Events
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Penthouse to you. 2016/07/238:49:03 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Beach house to you. 2016/07/227:49:06 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Beach house to you. 2016/07/217:49:06 PM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Villa to you. 2016/07/219:49:05 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Chalet to you. 2016/07/204:49:05 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Detached house to you. 2016/07/187:49:05 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Beach house to you. 2016/07/0511:49:04 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Palace to you. 2016/06/2111:49:05 PM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Penthouse to you. 2016/06/205:49:12 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Ranch to you. 2016/06/1311:49:10 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Detached house to you. 2016/06/0611:49:58 PM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Beach house to you. 2016/06/039:50:26 PM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Semi-Detached House to you. 2016/05/273:49:08 PM
Tempest [1867527] Wiki Contributor

Mine :(




All Events
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Beach house to you. 2016/07/241:49:05 PM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Palace to you. 2016/07/149:49:05 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Chalet to you. 2016/07/021:49:07 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Semi-Detached House to you. 2016/06/249:49:02 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Chalet to you. 2016/06/102:49:06 PM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Villa to you. 2016/06/062:49:38 AM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Chalet to you. 2016/06/042:49:52 PM
  • Home Retail Group have transferred the deeds of a brand new Detached house to you. 2016/05/2110:49:27 PM