Anyone try the free steam game called warframe?
-Game is far too repetitive and doesnt have much going for it other than the weapons.
-This game revolves around the "grind for hours on end to make 1 to 2 things" formula
-Having to wait 8 to 78 hours (real time) to make just 1 item is absurd and to think they wanted me to pay real money for in-game currency to shorten that time is terrible. Acts like a phone game.
-Melee is completely thoughtless it is just mash E until the enemy is dead and there is no form of strategy
-The guns are cool but take hours and some might take days to make. Also there could have been many more creative weapons especially more creative silent weapons other than the generic throwing knives and bows (which are actually the only silent weapons in the game. There are no silent guns or silent lasers that I know of.)
-The mods are cool although i wish there was a larger variety of mods instead of getting the same duplicates over and over
-Grinding was a pain because you would be doing different mission types but on the same map for each planet
-Stealth is only sub-par since the ai is blind and crouching is %100 pointless
-Stealth is not very rewarding due to no sneak dmg bonus or anything exciting
-Game is EXTREMLY glitchy and I exited the map multiple times within the first hour of playing.
-Dead bodies constanly glitch around from weapons with a large amount of impact
-The AI moves in such a poor pattern it is the equivalent of fighting mindless zombies. (there is no thought to them)
-The game controls feel completely off with the keyboard but they dont feel much better with a controller either. I constantly found myself adjusting the controls and sensitivity just to get the right feeling but even then it felt like my mouse was on a slip and slide.
-The Warframes seemed to be really cool being able to cusomize the colors and all but note that ALL (but about 16 colors) were behind some form of pay wall. Even simple colors like black and white needed real money to be obtained.
-The three factions were pretty different from each other but the infested seemed a bit too easy.
-The small amount of pvp that I did felt completly meaningless although it was functional all I obtained were credits and no crafting materials. Not only that but there seemed to be nobody playing it unless it was because of my low ranking but even then I should have been able to find more than 1 game.
-There are limited inventory slots for weapons and warframes (armor) but the free inventory is super small and wants real money to be expanded to a thoughtful size.
-The community seemed to be mostly clean although I did not see many people typing in the regional and recruiting chat but I don't really think that can be judged or anything especially since I do not know the games playerbase. The only issue with the community is 1 guy that wanted to power level me from level 1 to whatever when I was still in my first hour of gameplay. Then he wouldn't leave me alone until I blocked him.
-Note that I onlt played for 24 hours and did not discover everything in the game.I also did not pay any real money.This review is just a hint on what you might encounter after your first few hours of gameplay.
---Overall
I feel the gameplay was decent but the missions were bad. I cannot give the game much more than a 6/10 and it is very ashamed because feeling of using a bow felt really fun and seeing the arrows fling people was also nice but the games missions and constant glitches kept me board. The only times I had fun was when I was trying to sneak around but the ai is so mediocre it made stealth way too easy. I dont feel that I can really recommend this game even though it is free, but if you have a lot of time on your hands that you want to throw out the window then this game will do it. Just prepare to be bored after an hour of playing. I also did not get a companion or archwing because I got too bored to continue the long grind.
I hope this is allowed. I am putting it in the gaming section.
I didnt play it on steam but I did on PS4. I love the gameplay but its too slow unless you invest real money. Predatory F2P games suck.
Wait 78 real time hours to have the armor that took you 6 hours to get the rare materials for...
warframe has one of the best f2p models out there, this is widely accepted as truth even if you don't like it yourself. to each their own.
it can be repetitive. but for the most part most games are. pretty much any arena style game is, which warframe qualifies for. its a shooter. you shoot things. then you shoot more. be it grinding for perks or grinding for mods, most shooters are the same. defiance attempted more but wasn't accepted as well as warframe for example.
having to wait is what you deal with for not paying for it. they know instant gratification is what todays gamers want, ie: you. that timer is to get the impatient to pull out their wallets. much better than locking them behind the paywall altogether.
the colors are cosmetic. its widely accepted as a good practice for paying for cosmetics.
the infested are weak early on but become overwhelming later in groups not designed to combat them. those mods you grind for, the weapons you grind for, the frames you grind for do have specific purposes.
even if he had power leveled you warframe isn't like most games. when you hit cap, you reset your frame or weapon and do it again. it allows your mods to be placed in augmented slots that cut the utilization cost in half allowing you to equip more mods and combat tougher enemies.
warframe was never about pvp. I know it exists and its been expanded but it was never a competitive game.
the things you need for inventory slots are easily obtained in game. those mods and frame parts are easily traded/sold to other players for platinum which allows you to buy them. there is no need to spend money. sure there is a larger time sink for mods, weapons, frames, or slot expansions if you truly want to never support the game financially, but that is a choice. at least its a choice when in many games it isn't.
the AI always seemed ok to me. sure it isn't going to outthink you, but they run for cover (except for the infested), try to flank you, attempt to surround you. it might be harder earlier on to see it and even harder when veteran players are roflstomping it with mods and frames and experience you don't currently possess.
now the games isn't mind blowing by any means. but I would rate it at a 75/100 personally if not a bit higher for its payment flexibility and its good community. its a good time killer and its presentation and gameplay are well done.
True
Except when I went against the AI they would take cover in plain sight. Some would run into walls. Some would be turned around starting at a wall while I was sneaking around. Some would slowly walk straight towards me or even avoid the "strength in numbers" tactic. In games like this I want AI that is difficult because they are naturally difficult and not be difficult just because they are leveled up above the player.
Although the colors are cosmetic I would still have like black and white to have been free...i'm sure if I were colorblind I would even know if black and white were already free or not.
I don't think grinding in games is bad but the amount of grinding I was doing for many many hours did not really feel like I was accomplishing all too much. Even though I would get a new weapon and try it out the weapons that I picked/ wanted (which were stealth weapons and the grataka) just felt kinda boring as if little to no thought was put into what the weapons could have been. Bows and throwable were the only silent weapons in the game but I would have liked silenced lasers or guns that shoot at fast mine like projectiles. I just felt like stealth was not creative enough and neither were the weapons. But the design of the weapons did look really cool.
Also after talking about my experience that I had in my first 24 hours of the game the community instantly targeted me as some guy that did not give the game a chance.
the only fact i see that are true here having been and have a founder statues account on war-frame even that it dose get grindy the rest. is mostly wrong and this is due to the fact rare drops have a very low % rate drop
most your dislike are incorrect , Stealth give both extra affinity and damage when true stealth hits if you make sound they know your there so dose not count as stealth hit Melee also has combos and takes some degree of skill to use correctly when not just running threw lower level stuff
there are a lot more mods then you lead to believe if i remember correctly its something like 800+
its a fun game and a good community for the most part but defiantly not for everyone.