Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Double Revive

Started by JZZ [38465] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 113 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Most-liked replies

Marc [24377]

I'm not sure anything can be done about this as both transactions pass within milliseconds of each other. I'll pass it on to Chedburn for his response though!
JZZ [38465]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the time differencebetween those times appear to be not a few milliseconds but 31 second.

2016/05/03 5:00:30 PM
2016/05/03 4:59:59 PM

Hope that helps.
BraveKath [1815519]

Unless I'm mistaken, seems like the bug has reared it's head again.

Got two revives at once, and no -- there was no hospitalization in the nano-seconds that I assume exist between this double revive.

I had offered money in Trade for a revive. Not the reviver's problem, so paid them both. The money isn't important, just thought I should pass along the bug

[image: i.imgur.com]
Marc [24377]

This bug report was about a medical item being used at the same time as a revive happening, not an actual double revive like yours.

As Torn uses a transactions system, if both transactions are requested at the exact same moment, there's not much that can be done about this as they will both pass (there's no way to check if one has happened first because both requests hit the server at the exact same millisecond.)
Mauk [1494436]

I'm sorry to barge in, but that's not a transaction system. It's fine for Torn to be using any paradigm they want, but calling it 'transactions' when that term is already very well defined is confusing. Transactions are atomic all-or-nothing units of work, and if multiple requests hit the database at the same instant, a transaction is exactly what would prevent the data to reach an inconsistent state.
BraveKath [1815519]

I don't care which one happened first. They were paid. I don't care about the money.

But it is a bug if two people both can revive you at the same time.
McNeo [864688]

As Marc stated, this bug report is for a completely different situation, which has been resolved. OP was for using med items and getting a revive about 30 seconds apart - your issue is about getting 2 revives at the same time. While similar, they are very much unrelated, so starting a new thread would be best.

Just because something is "kinda sorta" alike, if it's unique then it should have it's own thread. Otherwise we'd be left with one long run-on thread titled "Torn bugs."