Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bounty Abuse

Started by LoudcCloud [1327776] on in General Discussion.

67 replies · 954 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
68
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

RipleyLlessur [25721] ×1 MaGnO [51498] ×1 Firegod [83793] ×1 Spurtung [96875] ×1 Xb_Excalibur_dX [136676] ×1 uncle-chu [198056] ×1 Audioslave [202269] ×1 NakorTheBluRder [215678] ×1 Temperamental [248610] ×1 Datsun [293847] ×1 Midknight [332505] ×1 forgottenman [359949] ×1

LoudcCloud [1327776]

In all honesty I don't play the game that much, I just come on TC to post on Forums, chat, and make my character a little richer. Just casual gaming. But, this thread (I'll post the URL below) has come to my intention, it has to be fixed immediately. Its bounty abuse. Yes I've experienced it before but it doesn't hurt my gameplay in anyway. So (pardon my language) but I don't give a f**k if I get bountied. Yet, there are new people who want to dedicate themselves to the game but stumbled across a*****es who bounty them and yet this childish behaviour of abuse is acceptable? I've read the stories on there and its saddening. If people genuinely enjoy this game and don't want to quit but have to because some ass wipe troll just won't quit abusing the system.

IMO, this thread should get moved to general discussion, smh "suggestions" what kind of bullshit is this. Because this is "TC Politics" in manner. Care for the people staff.


http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=4&t=15976897&b=0&a=0


sharkeyfive [1151690]

Wheres the abuse of the system ? You do wrong you get bountied, you whine you get more . No abuse no rules broken. All within the rules. May I suggest Farmville .com if you want a quiet little non crime non killing game
Noah [1309544]

yes, bounties are such nuisances, but if you can endure it, you're proven qualified to be torn's citizen.




LoudcCloud [1327776]

I like all types of games buddy hahahaha :D, but this is serious issue for newbie players. Nothing in life is black and white. You should know this by now! Because I'm sure a youngster like me shouldn't be filling you in on this. Listen to what they have to say bud. Lol ðð

Have you read the proposal?! Its actually quite a smart idea!
Collete [1389080]

. Yet, there are new people who want to dedicate themselves to the game but stumbled across a*****es who bounty them and yet this childish behaviour of abuse is acceptable?

That comment by you is so hypocritical your the one making childish comments about my name in global so I bounty you suck it up Princess
LoudcCloud [1327776]

Lol hey, I done it out of love. I'm not the one who took it into misinterpretation. I called you collie out of love. What kind of a sick mind do you think I come from?! If that hurt you. I'm sorry Collete. I still love you, and think you're an amazing person! :) I really do. If that crossed the line. I promise upon my life that I won't say that again. But being brutally honest I said that out of being friendly girl :)
sharkeyfive [1151690]

If you had read that thread properly instead of just looking at the pretty pictures you will see I posted my fair share on that thread.You would also know my feelings on the subject. I am sick of all the whining threads about bounty abuse. Start a thread about player abuse Why should we not be able to bounty a new , old, young middle aged player if they abuse us?

When people stop abusing players, players stop putting bounties on those players. If you wish to abuse someone in Global, please go ahead, but please do not cry and make threads about it in the forums when you get punished for it. If you abuse someone in a pub you get a thick lip, just because you sit behind a computer don't make it so as you don't get the thick lip.You get bounties instead.
LoudcCloud [1327776]

Look I understand where you're coming from and respect that. But, read and be open minded. Same as I'm treating you kindly Sharkey. Player on Player abuse is not a predictable "problem" in my honest opinion if some random guy online "hurt your feelings" get offline, close your eyes hhahaha. This on the other hand is complex. The bounty system is not a thinking free will presence like us. I'm this manner it SHOULD BE CHANGED. And got to agree with you on the pub and all. Got to show mutual respect for your fellow man.
MaxHeadRoom [1429645]

OP

You talk about childish behaviour... a bounty is simply a way of expressing displeasure at certain behaviours.

The official word is that if a player is kickin off in chats, they should be reported. PLayers often dont like doing that so they bounty.

Bounties are usually a REACTION not an ACTION. The number of times we all see new players abusing their newb protection in chats, then they howl about bounties when they hit day day14 is countless.

99% of the time, if a player has been bountied, it is for a reason, usually manners in chat. But of course its easier to whine about it in a forum thread than it is to Think, Apologise and Control your Gob.
LoudcCloud [1327776]

Read my apology to Collete. I understand where you're coming from. But go to the link provided.

Be open minded, and read the forms of abuse buddy. Btw every action does not need a reaction. Remember life is not black and white.Max I have a friend named max also. I'm treating you just like I would treat a twin version of me. So please. Read the link provided and a knowledge there is a problem here. Thank you :)
dunmugmeh [538353]

I dont know why bounties have always generated such hysteria you take your meds and you are fine problem solved.

when bounties where new and they did even less than they do now ie no med cooldown i made about 5 whiners/multies etc quit in epic temper tantrums just because i bountied them 10 times.

the whining still persists if you bounty the right person now you will still get hysterical apocalyptic whining even from players who should know better.

the best thing to do is think before you start whining.
LoudcCloud [1327776]

That is player on player. Look I've said this about 5 times now. I see where you're coming from. But there is a real problem going on here. I know humans want to cling onto what is familiar. But this system has brought misfortune to many legit new players. Due to all the abuse of the system. I know people are inclined to want to hear sweet lies that feed their opinion. But what I'm speaking is the bitter truth to players. What I'm suggesting is what is simply in the URL. Nothing more. There is no Whining or hysteria going on. Its just people speaking up. Nothing wrong with it.
sharkeyfive [1151690]

if they cant take the time don't do the crime.
Every bounty i ever placed was done for a reason. Big or small there was a reason, don't give a reason you don't get bountied its that simple. The sooner idiots figure that out the sooner the bounty situation is sorted. If no one gives a reason no one gets bountied.