Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Abuse abuse

Started by sharkeyfive [1151690] on in General Discussion.

51 replies · 660 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
52
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

sharkeyfive [1151690]

With all the threads in the forums about bounty abuse I thought I would make a thread about abuse abuse.

Have you ever been given abuse ? Don't you think its unfair ? uncalled for ? and unjust ?

I think Ched should change the rules I think the system should automatically give the abuser bounties.
That would save all these people that give out bounties their hard earn`t cash . Then they wouldn't get more abuse from the abuse givers.
This idea would save lots of space in the forums. IT WOULDNT BE FILLED WITH WHINERS CRYING ABOUT BLOODY BOUNTIES

Give it a rest please
sharkeyfive [1151690]

until its against the rules I will do as I like when I like to who ever I like.

And in my original post I cant see me complaining I can see me stating my case for abuse abuse .

I'm asking "Have you ever been given abuse ? Don't you think its unfair ? uncalled for ? and unjust ?" Not complaiing

The only thing I can see that you may of mistaken for a complaint is " Give it a rest please " but that's not a complaint its a request.

So in answer to your statement "yet your still complaining about people complaining " I reply NO I'm not :)


Beerstein [1322136]

We recently had one bypass the suggestions forum to remove bounty protection from new players in factions by reporting it as a bug simply because they're able to be attacked when joining a faction for legitimate warring purposes. The best part is it worked when really there's no legit reason to be able to bounty a new player simply because they joined a faction.
TheHoneyBadger [1510489]

As I stated in this bug report, it used to be allowed.

Also, please use my name when referring to posts made by me... Nobody likes being referenced without citation.
Beerstein [1322136]

Didn't remember your name, sorry you don't really matter to me. Also new player protection didn't used to exist, your point?
flufffy [494285]

This is a convo I had recently with someone complaining about Chedburntest1 being a hacker and having 1m HP's. The problem with your plan is that they'd be bountied and then they'd complain that they were bountied by staff whilst staff were performing their duties, something like that, drama drama.... maybe we should remove that protection, staff should be able to bounty players as a result of staff related interaction, if you want to be staff be prepared to be bountied if someone doesn't like your methods I think it would be fun.. I'm too old to take abuse from little shits and say "thanks for contacting Torn Staff, your messages are important to us, have a nice day..." so I tend to be able to wind people up sometimes. Usually not, usually I'm an absolute pleasure to deal with and those "Staff of the Month" awards don't win themselves.

Oh and the funny thing is, this guy reports ME for staff violation:

fluffy:I told you it was an administrator account
XXXX:hes a civilian douche
XXXX:like i care
fluffy:But you still started crying
XXXX:do f**k urslf
fluffy:You obviously care enough to flip out
XXXX:yea sure
XXXX:ban me pls
fluffy:No you can stay and suffer knowing chedburn can do as he pleases in order to test parts of the game
fluffy:Byeeeeeeee
XXXX:f**k u and him
XXXX:like i care about douches like u
fluffy:Awwwww
XXXX:browser games is like butter on ur ass
fluffy:Strange how upset you get about something so trivial in a game you don't care about... take a chill pill.... care more about important things in life. Bye bye now.
XXXX:again.... so f**k yourself
XXXX:bye
fluffy:Bye drama queen
XXXX:f**k u
fluffy:^ proving my point >.<
XXXX:yep
XXXX:f**k u
fluffy:>.<
TheHoneyBadger [1510489]

Woah breh. That truly hurt my feelings.

As I mentioned when you went white knight on my bug post... if you have an issue with something, take it up with committee. Quit bitching about it on the forums
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

People pay good money to be abused, I know cos the women they offer it to tell me all about it - some odd fellows out there indeed....you know who you are out there!

On Topic
Think you answered this before about the flaw in faction warring system being more of an issue than the bounties on individual players.
I thought it was a little rough from one person giving them out to the reporter until i read the article about it afterwards and was like ah if someone wrote this in the forums they would be bountied more.

In my opinion there is a flaw in the bounty system - and awhile ago I did come up with an alternative (not a replacement for them) and then did not get round to posting it up.
Will stick it in suggestions later on (it is not a 'softer' option just more inconvenient).