Hiya Everyone,
Is there a list of how often data is updated such as "market_value": 930000, for an item. I believe stocks is every 15 minutes whereas life could be anytime at all, more to those which have fixed timed intervals please.
Best Regards,
Tim
As far as I know everything but stocks is instant.
Market value updates to the API instantly, but I'm not sure the game processes it every second of every day, if that makes sense. So, while the data may be "old" in this regard it will be just as current as what is seen in-game.
Would you say a good idea might be to fetch the data every minute from the below URL?
https://api.torn.com/torn/?selections=items&key=APP_KEY_HERE
Well depends on what you're trying to do. If you're specifically after the market value that may only update once a day but I'm not sure. You could pick a single item n item and write a script to grab that info every 10 minutes and log whenever it changes - after a day you'd have your answer ;) Otherwise, if someone else has the answer, they may chime in here as well shortly.
Extremely useful and I don't have a clue why I have not thought of this myself! Thank you very much :)
Neither Torn Item Market or the API update the item market value instantly after testing, they appear to be every 5 minutes.
Once again thank you for this advice.