Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Abuse abuse

Started by sharkeyfive [1151690] on in General Discussion.

51 replies · 660 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

_Cynic_ [206537]

I feel the game should put up to 10 bounties on people anonymously if they use the a word in the forums just to increase the number of complaining threads on the forum. Clearly we do not have enough and need more.

Additionally the system should monitor all mails and any whinging emails sent to anyone should incur another 10 bounties.
Then to make it even more fun, when someone claims one of these bounties they shouldn't get the money, and when they put in a bug report it should put 10 bounties on them.

This way we will see plenty of bounties put on people (with 0 cash paid for them) and plenty of wonderful crying threads on the forums for the rest of us to laugh and mock them about.

I know and dont care that this will never be implemented but then again none of my suggestions are because the players committee are boring and dull.


KickRocks [1030718]

The only thing that you are proving is that you have no self control to walk away when you say you are going to.

You are looking at it through your eyes only. If I was looking at it specifically from my standpoint, I'd agree with you for selfish reasons alone...can you believe that others get bounties as well? I dislike bounties cause whenever I chain I get them and they sometimes make it more difficult for me to chain in peace. Please, you aren't providing anything more than laughing stock for those placing bounties on you.
dunmugmeh [538353]

I ignore any abuse i get literally. If its whining in mails and chats i click ignore on them, with special cases i will bounty them as well.
Ausseh [1554731]

I wouldn't say angry. Maybe irked about all of the threads you see posted by whining little girls that are "bullied" on a game. The majority of bounties placed are a reaction and not usually the instigating action.

Sharkeyfive appears to be stating that he's irritated with the threads about bounties and is complaining about the complaining.

Edit: Was a tad late but wanted to throw my 2¢ in anyway.
Bezee [1685702]

If you restarted as a new player and interacted with no one when you play, the chances of you getting bounties would be really low.

I don't believe the bounty system is being abused..or bounties themselves counting as abuse.

I think the primary reason for the new player bounty protection is to prevent newbies from being too disillusioned by bounties and quit the game.

The hard truth is that, as much as everyone is free to interact on the forums, the players with more resources and stats can always intimidate the others, its just the way the game is.

If you want revenge, get stronger or richer. If you want the bounties to stop, apologise, pay extortion fee, get a bigger buddy to help you out or just quit the game.
Rum4nyby [1567187]

How about you stop complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about bounties eh?

:D
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

This is why I like the dirty bomb on factions, you know one day somebody is going bounty endlessly the wrong person who is then just gonna buy a ton of donator packs for resale and buy a big Bertha.

I got a couple of people in mind personally if I ever get bored and feel like loosening Torn up a bit for laughs.