Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Multi Life

Started by HandsomePants [1897243] on in General Discussion.

78 replies · 2.51k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 79 / 79 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
79
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Faction 36958 ×1 Faction 37005 ×1 GeorgeCostanza [1882094] ×1 Grrrrrr [2008256] ×1 ak47187 [2027481] ×1

HandsomePants [1897243]
The Story:

1) New player, Age 0, buys around $5bn worth of DPs from various bazaars.
2) New player goes inactive.

Final stats: Networth:$0; Time played:0d 0h 1m 0s. Also sold 50 points and took a Xanax, presumably slutted 6 times, though couldn't be bothered to use their new player refills to do a few more. All in all, a very busy single minute of Torn life, and then *poof*.

The End.

So what the fack? According to various reports I've heard, this happens pretty frequently.

There is only one logical scenario I can come up with that would create a profit: Main account creates a multi, sends it a bunch of money somehow. Multi buys DPs from the market, then immediately sells them back to the city at a small loss, thereby raising their loan amount with Duke to $1bill or so. Multi takes out that max loan, then somehow sends all the money from the DPs plus the extra $1bill from the loan back to the main account. Total profit: slightly under $1bill in a few minutes. Rinse and repeat.

One hole in my theory is that the multi's final networth is $0, not -$1bill from the loan. So I must be wrong. Can someone explain to me what's happening here? Proxima explained below that networth doesn't update until they log back in, so they actually could have -$1b while showing $0..

Finally, I know that this specific multi was reported to Staff, but is still not in Fed currently at Age 6. How is the money trail not being followed and these cheaters caught? Get the Main accounts! C'mon multi-hunter!

Please, post your thoughts.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

I believe that would cause a massive loss for the person, it's much harder to get to 1b than losing 1b in selling to the city but I could be wrong - if it is the case it would be extremely broken.

That aside, if they're sending 1b to a main it would trigger their multi watch, they'd be banned rather quickly so I imagine it's just rich people who try the game get bored, decide f**k it let me "buy my way in" then realize money only does so much and quit.
HandsomePants [1897243]

Maybe it could be legit money from rl DP purchases ... But then why would they buy DPs from the market? If a Day 0 players buys $5bn worth of FHCs I call them a rich restart, $5bn of DPs is some link in a multi chain.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

you should consider reporting them maybe, what players are you talking about?

possible rmt and the like but i can't imagine it's anything loan wise
HandsomePants [1897243]

The account I had in mind was reported on Day 0, I didn't want to link it so the thread isn't closed for talking about specific players.

I suppose it is possible that the system worked just fine, all the money was removed and responsible players deleted, but this one account just was not since the main was gone. If that's the case then all's well.
JRawR [271642]

Is there even a torn rule to stop this now? They can just claim they sent the cash to thier 'friend/relative' who shares an IP to get them started in the game - said player decided after a few hours they didn't like the game & gifted it all plus extra back to the main account...

I suspect there are lots of players who abuse the system. Make multi's to get the benefits from Torn Lite, use multi's to get defends, use multi's as employees for companies & in sweet shops for all the cans. Most of them get away with it.
HandsomePants [1897243]

It sucks but I agree, that's kind of the way it is for defends and companies like you said, I would just hope that something like what I mentioned would be caught and Fedded. The $5bn this one spent on DPs from market had to come from somewhere.
PsycWard [1579270]

Yea been bountying a guy and his "spouse" for a while. Both on my black list, it's pretty magical to watch one account log in and out followed by the other. One goes inactive for days so does the other, one comes back shortly after so does the other. Not even trying to make it look like two different schedules but no one cares.

I think lifting the same ip ban was a good move plus it was easy to get around if you wanted to but if no one cares about multis why even bother keeping the rule?
Multipass [1955315]

I looked up the dude and its says he's 4007 days old, inactive for around 2500 days. He's the only guy in the faction so assume it's the right person ; )

what makes you think he's six days old or am I being dumb?
ColdCelery [1994522]

Could it be staff inflating donator pack prices? not likely but possible considering its rmt... higher value= more people buying them.