Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Screen tearing

Started by AwakeNoWokeFail [79965] on in Technology.

5 replies · 42 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
6 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
22 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]

My Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti screen tears everywhere...netflix, streams, even gaming. I've tried every global setting for vsync in Nvidia control panel and all I get is varying degrees of tearing.

I'm about ready to put my 2 660 SC's back in.

Anyone have another fix before I have to bother Newegg or Gigabyte? I've searched and found nothing.
EliteSpetsnaz [1617921]

This was posted by gsf4lyfe on gamefaqs 3 years ago, this might help, also when did the tearing occur? It could be a driver issue.

"It's been plaguing me since I built my PC. It only happens when streaming HD video, like from Netflix or youtube. Games all ran fine, and the few that didn't were fixed by turning v-sync on in the in-game menus.

I was searching, again, for a solution and was messing around with settings in the Nvidia control panel and discovered that switching aspect ratio enforced scaling to the GPU instead of the display solved all my problems. I finally can watch Netflix on my computer now."
EliteSpetsnaz [1617921]

Contact BENQ and ask for help maybe? that's probably the best way to go
Astral [300312]

It used to happen on my r9 290x, with dual and triple screens.

All I needed to do was increase base GPU clock, and memory clock.

A few solutions come to mind:
1. Not using DVI cables for dual+ monitors as data transmitted is not in sync with HDMI/DP, so use HDMI or DP.
2. Set target FPS to 60
3. In whatever your Nvidia manager is, try playing around with the overclock settings, slightly until no tearing
4. Do your Nvidia cards need those vsync monitors..?