My networth was stuck at 80m for days until September 2, it randomly jumped to 980m and I have no rare items other than "Book: Speed 3 - The Rejected Script" and I have already read it which is why I believe that is the item causing my networth to be so high, however, the item is untradeable so that does not make any sense to me. I do not post on the forums often so if anyone figures this out, message me and let me know something. Thanks
Networth bug
Started by MountOlympus [1394565] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 35 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 47 / 100
My networth was stuck at 80m for days until September 2, it randomly jumped to 980m and I have no rare items other than "Book: Speed 3 - The Rejected Script" and I have already read it which is why I believe that is the item causing my networth to be so high, however, the item is untradeable so that does not make any sense to me. I do not post on the forums often so if anyone figures this out, message me and let me know something. Thanks
I've had the same sort of thing happening. The first time is lost on my graph now but somewhere around july or august there was a random spike to over 5B, and just a couple days ago this happened:
[image: i.imgur.com]
Unless some value was given to Books my networth should not have hit 3B and probably shouldn't even be at 2B right now. I know someone else with unexplained spikes as well.
EDIT: The reason I suspected books or something in items is that tornstats is showing my inventory worth at over 700m which doesn't seem at all right but brings me up to the current 2B total.
Same has just happened to me and I got a book a week ago
I'll pass this to Chedburn, although I guess we can't do much about the book's networth as they're just tied to circulation.
Could the book's circulation be updated monthly at 05:11 possibly? Just after the subscriber rewards are given out, then the networth should be more accurate?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't this problem correct itself as more books enter circulation?
Yes, it will. Does nothing to pacify the influx of new items and providing an incorrect networth in the interim though?
As I said above, there's probably nothing that can be done. However, I've provided a solution I think is plausible if Ched wants to do anything about it.
I can exclude untradable items from the networth system. That's pretty important.
Thanks.
I've made this change, let's see what happens to your networth tomorrow!
It is already fixed in my 'home' screen,instead of 3.4b it is 1.4b now
I'm glad I could be of some assistance to figuring this out. Thanks!