I'm on a Chrome in Windows 10, and every once in a while, the title cards for the city stores and stuff will stay, causing the screen to get filled with it. It doesn't happen every time, but every once in a while.
City Map Bug
Started by GuyScience [2012241] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 40 / 100
- Story score
- 41 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
Mentioned in this thread
GuyScience [2012241] ×1
I'm on a Chrome in Windows 10, and every once in a while, the title cards for the city stores and stuff will stay, causing the screen to get filled with it. It doesn't happen every time, but every once in a while.
Clear your cache in Chrome and restart the browser. I think this should fix the problem for you :)
This happens to me occasionally. Not really a big deal but not sure what causes it.
[image: i.imgur.com]
ive had the same issue over the last week or so too, thought it may have been down to my old version of firefox (33.1.1)
Passing to Kopites
Do you use any addons for city map? I see the city finding items amount message which is not provided by native functionality. I guess this issue can appear because of some addons?
Yes, City Find Hax among others. Was thinking one of them could be the issue, but this happens so rarely it is difficult to test what may be causing it.
very low priority issue imo
How often would you say it happens?
If it's around once a week, please try disabling the extensions that run on city.php and browse to see if it happens.
I don't use any addons. Anyways, it happens a few times a day randomly.
And how do you get "Number of items currently in the city" message?
That from the city find script, if it for chrome they must be using Tampermonkey. Firefox one is Greasemonkey.
I don't use Tampermonkey.
I was talking about the picture not you.
The picture is mine, and the script is City Find Hax. GuyScience [2012241] is apparently having the same issue with no scripts. In response to Marc; I haven't bothered trying to test for it as I think it has happened to me twice in the past two months. Just thought I'd throw the screen cap in here since it happened right after I saw this thread.
Mentions: GuyScience [2012241]
fixed. Thank MrTIMarshall for reporting "10 Map Bugs ..." issue. It appears only for some users and some city shapes.