27 replies · 324 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Greetings Comrades, especially if you are a Great Dictator, such as myself.
So I have been playing this game for a few months and it is a blast. The game has lots of varieties of gameplay to pursue or a jack of all trades if you want. I prefer world domination but that is not an option. One of the game mechanics I have noticed that is literally obsolete is Jail. When I commit a crime and fail, the intent of fail is that there is a change of punishment for failure by getting caught and being sent to jail. I have never, within the 60 days of playing, spent more than 5 minutes at best in a jail. As a player this is convenient in a way that I can pursue other interests or retry a crime as I please with as I see it, no consequence because I will be busted out within minutes. I understand there are merits that are awarded for this action by other players.
My friend that got me into this game told me how it used to be different, "old torn" as he called it where you would send a gift as a thank you for being bused out or bailed out. Now it is so common, there is not even a need to say "Thank you" or any form of appreciation because it is a form of a grind for a reward.
The way I see it, this system of punishment is broken and obsolete. I do not currently have a suggestion but this mechanic that is in the game, worthless, and "con·se·quence·less" (made up word by me). I hope this gets some attention because I enjoy playing this game and I look forward to every new update and post by the players, mods and dev's and I hope to see something done about this.
I'd like to see jail changed, but there should be a jail. I think the major problem is that people are opting for safe crimes while others are busing all their online time. I'm guessing crimes 2.0 might already save part of this issue.
That said, I'm looking forward to seeing this idea develop. This might become something good.
jail is not at all obsolete espeically for those of us who are working on busting merits, if it was more secure or harder to get out of it would just be more of a time waster than anything, r-
i see this issue often with new players who dont care if you busted them out. i agree that currently the system is broken although the loss in nerve XP is considerable
my concern is that if it does get updated, it will be such a big change to the way that the jail system works, people will not be able to understand it at all
So I just had a random thought, what if busting was changed (yet again).
Perhaps busting could be slightly more difficult, perhaps it could be changed to require 2 or more players to bust a person. Sort of like an OC I guess. The more people you have on the team to bust someone out, the more likely it will be successful, so if someone is jailed for a pawn shop fail, maybe you need 4 to 5 players to make up the team to bust them out.
The busting process could be sort of like the process to get married - you get arrested you can then send an "invite" to friends, company, and faction to join the team to bust you out.
Like I said this was just a random thought I had. Is it a good or bad idea? I don't know but I think it would change things up a bit and make jail more interesting.