Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Lettuce lovers

Started by shwibbing [575512] on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 653 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

T-Rex [2726]

I don't think we got screwed by our allies... we got screwed just like everyone else did on these servers. I can understand when all teams are attacking but we were down to 4 teams and still the server can't handle it. While yes we had people in ninjas and kc hosping us too it was mostly mm. I do think they helped keep us from making a run but many of us were not able to make hits in the end due to lag. I don't know if we would have stayed in it as both sides deal with lag but i know for sure one guy on mm was not fighting the lag/errors as he hit a lot of us all in the time of me trying to one hit a noob.

I will say it was fun and crazy but how cool would it be if they had a competition that the servers could handle. Sadly this contest was more about laying low and that is how made it so far. My idea mostly worked as I only attacked when it mattered but it is a hard balance as you got to do it before the lag but not to soon.
Eris [249121]

omg why would u post that picture? Get that dingo away from those babies!

...

Maybe Ched could make it next year so you can only gain points for your team, or take points from another, once every few minutes. That might put an end to the final-minutes mad-dash-lag and the endless list of 0-point l...ll... non-winners.
T-Rex [2726]

I am not a vegan, I went lettuce so I would not have to eat lettuce.

Also on numbers... last bit comes down to us having more points. Even if both had 0 we lost due to your attacks since you have more people attacking. So does not matter if 10k went for you, it still came down to our 700 having to get points in the lagfeast.
Dr_Syk [109543]

Another solution could be to use the point average from several times a day (that would also remove the benefit for some time zones).

You could easily do an average score from 2 pm, 10 pm and 6 am to make it fair for everyone and less clustered in the end (although the last milestone could still get a bit laggy).
Eris [249121]

Oh, like that. I guess, if we're not counting lice, that checks out. Probably. (Not so sure about the state of the anti-highlander conspiracy last round, but whatever.)
FidelCashflow [1993550]

You all can hold your heads of lettuce up high. Going into this competition everyone expected you to wilt early. But you defied the odds and kept growing your reputation.

Anyway, you all objectively have the best team name, so there's that going for you in the face of this emotional drought after being farmed for points.
Dwaveon [2013932]

Thanks to all my fellow Lettuce bretheren. Fun time.

As to all the people who argue back and forth... If you were watching, there were several days where multiple teams were bouncing around at the bottom in the final minutes. It was pretty much sheer luck who got eliminated and who didn't on a lot of days, as I'm sure several other teams will attest. So I guess if you can't accept that as reality, then so be it. Keep discussing who the "better team" is and which alliance screwed over your team.

At the end of the day, Lettuce was at the bottom several days and lucked out not getting eliminated. We were lucky to make it to top 4, just as MM was lucky to not get bounced out on several days. Same can be said about OG, PP, and most of the other teams here.

All in all, well played to the other teams, and good luck going forward!