The special has been reduced, you dug two attack logs on September 2nd and 17th with pre nerf figures. Ched also said in his announcement that further adjusting could be needed.
new Nerfs
Started by miro [1689701] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 171 / 171 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
The special has been reduced, you dug two attack logs on September 2nd and 17th with pre nerf figures. Ched also said in his announcement that further adjusting could be needed.
Isn't the whole idea that it gives you a big advantage over someone in your stat range?
If you attack someone with the same stats and merits but you have shit armour and they have great armour won't you lose a vast majority of the time?
Not you in particular but I feel like a lot of people think they would be happy if nothing new was created in torn and everything they were used to stayed the same. If someone is hard to kill why not just work with in the game and group their ass? Newbs do it all the time but I guess it's beneath strong players? Personally I favor the new stuff, I think torn would have died if it just stayed the same. We may have to change our play style a year from now but that's what keeps if from going completely stale imo. Again nothing against you just offering a possibly different perspective.
I see nothing wrong with that, if you want to focus on attacking in this game, join a company with great attacking specials.
If you want to earn big bucks and get rich join a company with those specials. What's so hard to understand there?
I think the problem is you want your cake, and to eat it too.
but that's the argument right the current 5% reduction is just ridiculous it need to be more in my eyes my argument is it gives you a too big of a advantage if you equip sero some one in your stat range just simply cant beat you at all in war terms you force them to use 2-3 attacks on you and time out of their medical cool down they cant sustain that over a 1-2 day war that in my eyes is just too big if it stays the same like i said ill just sell my company and join one would be a win win for me more ses and a silly job special
the funny part is every one defending the clothing store special not one person not one has come out with 1-2 logs of them hitting some one in the same stat range both people on full health and losing i can only go by what i've tested in my stat range and me hitting people bigger than me
if i am greedy like you are implying then i would have shut my mouth after i noticed a issue with clothing stores i wouldn't have past so many logs on to committee members of me attacking inside and out side of clothing store i would have just sold my tv company joined and kept my mouth shut threw 20bill worth of ses in to my stats and kicked ass
*gives tampon*
If I'm equal in stats to another player, Im in a clothing store earning nothing, he's in a rig making 100s of millions, I better win 100% of the time in a fight. otherwise I'd be in a rig.
If I'm just 20% less in stats to another player, Im in a clothing store earning nothing, he's in a rig making 100s of millions, I better win 95% of the time in a fight. otherwise I'd be in a rig.
Stay in your TV station, buy some epi pens with all that cash your making and it won't matter if I have a 20% armor boost or a 25% armor boost, you'd still beat me.
There's so many boosters and ways to win fights now I feel that maybe some of the old guard are having trouble adjusting.
No one is out of reach of anyone any more, that's something you better get used to.
Are we gonna have to nerf group attacks next?
Unfortunately I don't think we'll agree, I side with Ken on this one. Companies provide their own individual benefits. Ken's clothing store will never earn the money that your tv can, it isn't meant to. Ken will not have the chance to turn that extra money into more money or stats. Your company offers continuous long term gain. Your company will not provide the passive boost Ken's does, it isn't meant to. Ken's company has really no long term benefit it's all short term, imo.
If given the choice between money from tv and clothing and I had to stick with my choice for years, I would never choose clothing there just isn't enough gain. It's a great short term company but your game could suffer if you don't make a lot more moves outside of the company.
As far as the logs, most of the logs I've seen have resulted in the person in clothing still losing to a stronger person or stalemating. I don't recall seeing a large number that turned clothing into a vast winner just a defensive tank in most cases.
I think the funny part is that it seems everyone knows there is a huge drawback to clothing. So everyone says Oh it's so great I could/should/will go there but very few are there and it was so great before yet no one eagerly ran to it when the passives were better.
Edit: clarification of first sentence [:wink:]
These changes were way overdue. GJ committee, you noticed it within a year.
i totally disagree you are comparing a job special to ownership if you join a tv company you will not be making big bucks?
You generally get paid more at a TV; whilst at a clothing I doubt it.
There are however a few things that must be mentioned here -
1. It is a game, one that none of us own, therefore we can't constantly demand right and wrong moves.
2. This is all subjective - everyone has their own opinion, rightfully so, but even through argument and or discussion, there won't really be a "solution", since everyone wants to and is working towards other things that are rather far from each other. You want money, he wants passive gains - you can't have both, and the other shouldn't be nerfed to make the other's choices even better. You choose what you choose - you could go to clothing and have that special, you just wouldn't make money. Simple.
Andyman's Thoughts:
- Kicking was OP because of damage, yes. But also because kicks don't have to be reloaded, do not have an ammo cost associated with them, do not have a weapons-investment associated with them, and are relatively accurate.
- Clothing store special is still OP but only because there is virtually no viable-sustainable means of obtaining armor penetration currently. Armor penetration ammo is insanely expensive via mission credits and the BAG stock special. There is no merit-based purchase for armor penetration, there is no armor penetration weapon attachment, there is no armor penetration temporary booster, no armor pen company special, ect.
- The flat (linear) racing skill gain never made sense to me since racing skill increases at an exponentially decreasing rate though racing.
I've never worked for a tv but I frequently see their adverts for 1m+ a day. I would imagine simple math says that if a company makes more it can afford to pay it's employees more. To be honest I really just know that tv and oil are big earners. I have done very little looking into the finances of clothing but at 14m that's just twice what my crappy little candle makes and I make almost nothing, seriously I net about 100-150k a day but I like the energy so I'm okay with it.
My main point of that was just that imo everything about a company goes into it's balance including the money it makes. Ched could make tv and oil's expenses much higher so that they earn a large gross but there is little net balancing the incomes of companies but for some reason people really don't like that idea. I just don't like it that it's only looked at from one view point.
Mate its a cake, what else you gonna do?
inhale it
The whine over this is pretty amazing. Never seen you people ask to buff other companies(except tv and rigs) before. If the game needs to be fairer according to you people, surely the less popular companies need buffs? Where is the outrage for that?
We get it, you make comics
It would be more accurate to say we have been trying for a year to get it changed.
Well, kicks require either no temp equipped or to use the temp first. Kicks are insanely inacurrate. I have to use melatonin on every attack to even have a chance of hitting (which loses one attack turn).
There is a cap in the # of players who can access it at about 300, since it is restrictrd to 10* furniture.
But whatever, its done with now.
but you also get things like this
https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=7d20816039f0b8f56a6f12e941b344e2
https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=cc1110e3d001c42b673b8be7796b9862
I have 3b total o.o