Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

502 errors

Started by Chedburn [1] Admin on in Bugs & Issues.

275 replies · 5.81k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 276 / 276 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Surprisingly, the "502 OK" errors have all stopped. Kudos to developers who have fixed the issue. :)
I did get 1 or 2 "502 Server hangup" error last week. But all fine if it occurs only once a day.
Thanks
McNeo [864688]

1) What date / time did you see the error? Around Thu 00:01:30 - 16/06/16
2) Which page produced the error? Finishing an attack
3) What server were you on? App2
4) Do you receive 502's regularly, what frequency? Rarely
5) Are there any particular pages or times when it happens more often? No pattern
6) What country are you in? USA
7) What is your ISP? Comcast
8) Are you on DSL / broadband or a mobile connection? Cable - 80Mpbs down/30 Mpbs up
9) Wired or WIFI? Wired
10) What's your operating system and browser? Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB, Chrome 51.0.2704.84 m (64-bit)
11) Do you notice delays / lag before the error appears, or does it appear instantly? No lag, error came up almost instantly just as I'd expect the actual page to come up
12) Were you doing prior to the error appearing? Were you making lots of actions in a short time frame? Attacking a player for a mission
13) Coke or Pepsi? Black Cherry Mountain Dew KickStart
14) Are you certain it was a '502' error and NOT a '504' error? Yes

I was attacking a player and chose to leave them on the street. I then clicked continue to see the log and got the 502 right away (see screenshot) but the actual log showed a few seconds later on it's own, almost as if the 502 fixed itself.

Here's the attack log, if it helps you to review other server logs around the same time: http://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=7d6c87f835a9d9517d14732614337f7d

[image: s31.postimg.org]
Loeksokka [1979929]

1. Today 2016-07-27
2. Casino - Spin the Wheel of Fortune 1 Mil, got respin "win" and it generated the error and I just tossed 1 mil into the bin and didnt get a reroll
3. One of them. No clue
4. First time
5. Dont know
6. Swe
8. Bredbandsbolaget
9. WiFi
10. Windows 10
11. Appeared instantly when I got the win "Free spin"
12. Clicked on 1 mil wheel, stopped, got the "win free spin" and it appeared
13. Neither
14. Yes
felicks [1369190]

Just had a few (approx 06:35 to time, 12 September.
App4 server while on my android phone using stock browser.

Occurred while trying to Hosp bounty targets (page 2 or 3). Had gone there straight from logging in.

Created events that said that I had run away for two of the targets. Nothing so far for the third.

Will try and add screenshots later.

This was the first time I've experienced 502 errors.


decomposer [1331516]

1) Just now. at TCT 00:01:05 - 13/09/16
2) Competition
3) App5
4) This is the first time.
5) I will note if more 502s are happened.
6) Myanmar
7) MPT
8) mobile
9) mobile internet
10) iOS9.3.5 Safari
11) No. it appears instantly.
12) Once I log in, I did go to competation page and it happens. No, only one action.
13) Both.
14) I took a screenshot.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/profileimages.torn.com/cb51470f-452f-18f0-1331516.png
Daphelia [2018421]
  1. Fri 00:05:57 - 23/09/16 (servertime)
  2. Logging in
  3. Didnt say
  4. Every once in a while, recently saw this post.
  5. Not to my knowledge.
  6. USA
  7. Im at work, I know the provider but Id rather not post it publicly if its required (or necessary I will pm it someone)
  8. Not sure.
  9. Wired
  10. Windows 7. Firefox
  11. Instantly on log on.
  12. Just logging in
  13. Coke, Pepsi is nasty :P
  14. See screen. http://s17.postimg.org/6z9cyvajj/Bilderman_2016_09_22_8_03_25_PM_edit.png
[image: s17.postimg.org]
Crazygirl3 [1621794]

I am getting this error only when clicking on preferences. currently in hospital and cant get to prefernces page to change my revive stttings.
Connected to: Server: App7
m
ozilla firefox
on windows 10
MeanBiceps [360957]

1) What date / time did you see the error? 7/10/16 between 18:20 - 18:40
2) Which page produced the error? https://www.torn.com/preferences.php
3) What server were you on? no idea since it kept logging me out each time i clicked it
4) Do you receive 502's regularly, what frequency? yesterday only i guess for like 20-30mins
5) Are there any particular pages or times when it happens more often? https://www.torn.com/preferences.php
6) What country are you in? Mauritius
7) What is your ISP? Orange
8) Are you on DSL / broadband or a mobile connection? DSL
9) Wired or WIFI? wifi
10) What's your operating system and browser? windows /Firefox
11) Do you notice delays / lag before the error appears, or does it appear instantly?lots of lags,delays, timeouts
12) Were you doing prior to the error appearing? Were you making lots of actions in a short time frame?yes....Chaining. So a lot of atks
13) Coke or Pepsi? seriously? xD...whisky please
14) Are you certain it was a '502' error and NOT a '504' error? 100%
Madbranch [1935018]

1) What date / time did you see the error? Times are in TCT. 8. 10. 2016; 3:55, 4:00, 4:05, 4:10, 4:15, 5:50, 5:55, 6:00, 8:00, 8:05, 8:10, ...
2) Which page produced the error? ~/authenticate.php I couldn't log in at all for more than 4 hours.
3) What server were you on? No idea. :(
4) Do you receive 502's regularly, what frequency? Today was the first time, and every time I tried logging in I received one.
5) Are there any particular pages or times when it happens more often? Not sure, since I couldn't even log in.
6) What country are you in? Slovenia.
7) What is your ISP? Telemach.
8) Are you on DSL / broadband or a mobile connection? Mobile.
9) Wired or WIFI? /
10) What's your operating system and browser? Ubuntu 14.04, Chromium.
11) Do you notice delays / lag before the error appears, or does it appear instantly? Instantly.
12) Were you doing prior to the error appearing? Were you making lots of actions in a short time frame? Sleeping. Trying to log in, in order to fly to argentina, since I log in per 2 hours in the morning. No.
13) Coke or Pepsi? Coke.
14) Are you certain it was a '502' error and NOT a '504' error? It was 502 most of the time. Once 503 and two or three times 504.
SourRon [852964]

I'm getting the same when attempting to access the Items page.

EDIT - Not getting the error on Items page now.

EDIT 2 - The 502 error on Items page has returned.

I managed to do some crimes and then got a validation check, completed successfully, between successfully accessing the Items page and the return of the 502 error on Items page. Suspect the validation check process may be a stage in the cause of this problem.
Nihar [1152433]

Get 502 Error when i click Items or Events and even getting logged out. Havent played torn in the entire day. Please help T_T
I want to play :(
TheoZ [1161882]

Continuous 502 errors when I go add items in bazAAAr!

It doesn't kick me out of login but I just get spammed with 502 errors 9/10 times I try adding stuff
SourRon [852964]

Still getting the 502 error on Items page (using app3) while on computer.

However, I was able to access the Items page without error from mobile view on smart phone (using app2).