Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Grave

Started by Th3Budtender [1649861] on in General Discussion.

39 replies · 994 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

ChillySpunc [1905415] ×1

Th3Budtender [1649861]
hey guys im thinking of investing in stocks (real world) has anyone invested in chedburn limited networks?
is it on the us stock trade? i am new at this.
ChillySpunc [1905415]

Firstly, why would it be on the US Stock Exchange?

Secondly, there are only 2 people who have private shares in the company, Ched and I believe the server admin, can all be found with a quick search.

I also doubt Ched would be interested in investment unless it was a one way thing, you give your money to him so he could get shit done quicker. Torn isn't really a money maker, don't see why you'd invest in it unless it's purely passion.
APOLLO [862724]

Thank you Rage Owl, you have really made my day.

reasing your thread has made me feel very happy and I really admire your enthusiasm.
Louis_de_Pointe [1963196]

I cannot speak for the share side....

But ways you can support Torn is through buying donator packs off the item market, this gives money to the people who buy donator packs with real money. Which leads to buying donator packs with real money and using them or selling them on in game - to people like me :)

Another way is to subscribe where you get donator status automatically every month and an item.



python [1009878]

Torn is UK based and is a limited company so does not trade shares on the stock exchange and I doubt ched will want to sell any shares
Tabak [1644794]

So... just some friendly advice from a stranger on the internet...

Im very green to RL stocks myself, but was given some very good advice when I started that has proven to be an effective way to get going.

from reading this thread, I would highly suggest doing A LOT more homework about stocks and public trade companies in general. If you seriously want to get into it, meet with an investment analyst (companies all over the US can help you there) and don't buy into their BS. Have them help you with the "behind the scenes" set up of your account so you don't mess it up (personal experience here) and your first investment should be small (depends on your financials, mine was $8k), long term (don't sell it if you see a small price increase, save it for 10-15 years down the road. It's a small investment anyway, right?) and into a company with an A credit rating (mine was GE. Banks check your credit before they invest In you through loans, why wouldn't you check the credit of who you are investing in?).

Its a great way to learn and get started. Best of luck!
SuperKyle [8815]

As someone who has followed the markets alot and have invested for several years. I give you this one piece of advise. Keep your money out of the market right now. Shits about to hit the fan. Historically the first year of a new Presidency is the worse year for the markets in that time period. Wait until next year. Use that time to study up. E-Trade offers free research and lessons.
Cartman [1621675]

I'd buy gold now, always jumps up a bit just after the US election. Though, again, depends how much money the OP has to throw around.
Wollongong [12833]

A Limited entity does not freely share stocks.

Apart from that, I'd not start investing by putting all your money in a single-product company. Way too risky.

PS: wonder how this hasn't been moved to one of the unrelateds yet. Surely there is a corner on investing and cash there?
Tabak [1644794]

Good advice. Silver if you don't have the cash for gold, that's where I started investing a few years ago. Silver just hit a 90 day low. I would wait until Nov 1st then buy before the election results.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

"I want to invest in a limited UK company on the US stock exchange"

Not even sure where to begin with that...
dunmugmeh [538353]

Tech shares are volatile on the stock market but that doesnt really apply here the shares arent openly traded.

This game is ched and davz living. So if they sell any of their shares for short term gain they will be handing over control of their game to other people.

So instead of working for themselves they will be working for other people as well.

The freedom of working for yourself is very desirable and it is probably something they wouldnt give up without a lot of thought.
oraN [1778676]

sorry for being offtopic
when you make your post title capitalized you automatically lose karma i just spoke the truth....
anyway have a great day
GamerX [2013504]

I would almost guarantee you that Torn is fairly good money maker. Additionally I'd wager the enterprise value if you include the subscriber base and user engagement numbers would put the valuation well into the tens of millions+ USD.