Do donators to the game overdose at a higher rate than non-donators in an attempt to get more "donations"? Sure seems like it.
Overdosing
Started by 2017312 [2017312] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 25
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Cartman [1621675]
· 2 likes ·
Not really wrong is it. If you take more drugs, you're more likely to overdose... Sparhawk takes 3 drugs a day Cartman takes 10 drugs a day 10 - 3 = 7 Cartman has 7 more chances to overdose Not …
Do donators to the game overdose at a higher rate than non-donators in an attempt to get more "donations"? Sure seems like it.
No, it's just a random chance to OD.
That's what they SAY but I have yet to see anybody else od'ing at a 6%+ rate and I looked at 60 or 70 players.
A) overdosing is not a good thing. Why would anybody want a higher chance to OD?
B) if nobody knows about it, it won't get more people to donate
C) overdose percentages are for all the drugs combined. Somebody with 5k cannabis taken will have lower OD percentages on their profile
D) you have very little drugs taken. The randomness of ODs means that obviously it's not hard to fall below or above the normal with a low sample size. It'll work itself out over time. Example: if I overdose my first Xanax, my OD is now 100%. Doesn't mean it was programmed that way. Just bad luck
If nobody knows about it then they might donate more to make up for the loss.
66 XANAX + 12 ecstacy = 6.4% od rate.
the second argument was meant more in case you actually meant to say that donators overdose less than regular players. I see now that you actually meant it that way in your Original post
Edit: your statement confuses me. So you are saying that Ched makes donators overdose more, because you are a donator and you have overdosed 6% of the time, but all the profiles you have checked had a lower percentage? Did you think to check other donators percentages?
No. It was a random sampling but I haven't found a one at 6%. When I stated "donators" - I wasn't just referring to "subscribers". Looks rigged.
I can safely say from personal experience that is not the case.
Went through a period of Oding that has left me permanently expecting an od now every time i take any drug. Even nearly won a faction competition for most ODs.
Some days i look at the happy people and wonder why I cannot be one of them...
Probably no chance of getting my money back is there, eh? lol...
No. The more you use, though, the higher your chance. If you compare my stats to some other profiles, my OD rate is lower by a lot compared to some. I only use 1-3 per week, and I let myself recover naturally without using rehab.
Again, that's wrong, OD rate is completely unrelated to how often you take a drug.
Not really wrong is it.
If you take more drugs, you're more likely to overdose...
Sparhawk takes 3 drugs a day
Cartman takes 10 drugs a day
10 - 3 = 7
Cartman has 7 more chances to overdose
Not bloody astrophysics is it?
OD rate = times overdosed / drugs taken
5 overdoses / 25 xanax = 1 overdose / 5 xanax = 20.
Not bloody rocketscience is it?
I have seen a couple player's stats where they took hundreds of Xanax and not a single od.
I still think the shit's rigged.
You would be wrong, but feel free to continue with your conspiracies. Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams... [:sick:]
The last, Around 206 xanax I've take, Not one single OD.
The way you say it, its like you get punished for being a donator.
I have a pretty high OD rate [:tongue:]
You haven't even taken 100 drugs yet, it's not a very good sample. I mean, someone who ODs on first drug has a 100% rate...
Repetition = Accuracy
You had a bit of a "facepalm" moment there without realising it I suspect.