Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Duke has a beef

Started by RidgeRunner [518314] on in Graveyard.

552 replies · 9.49k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 553 / 553 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Silky [1591346]

so when did staff ask him to stop?

And why do they go about enforcing things this way?
And what is against rules that bb is doing. Have read then many times and do not attack npcs are not in the rules.

Seems sketchy to me that all of a sudden the staff has asked for him to stop and their way of punishing him is to hurt the play of other players.

Doesnt seem reasonable to punch a nun cause the preist molested your kid
animelive [1564720]

Perhaps, but I'd rather see a consistent response from Duke than the rogue one. When you add a human factor on NPC, there is a chance of bias. Rather, there can a system where say Duke attacks you back everytime you mug him, every five times, maybe he attacks one of your employees or your director. That seems more fair all along the field. Right now, Duke's actions are pretty pathetic.
BodyBagger [99177]

Once again, my point remains. Targeting of my staff is inappropriate. This is concentrated targeting from an NPC. Now, there are a bunch of contracts being done behind the scenes between Duke and certain players. Once again, this is unfair. The contract should be fair and visible. Duke is offering $10M per contract. Why doesn't he list them under bounties? Why shouldn't everyone in TC have an opportunity to claim $10M, or even $20M in another case? Duke being controlled by someone makes the game unfair unless Ched can figure a way not to have some emotional bitch behind the character.

With the Vulpes situation, they were already sniping my mugs for days at that point. Like BraveKath said, I never join group mugs and do my own mugs. If there's an attack on Duke already going on, I don't join and snipe the mug, but I easily could. However, I abide by my own rules. I don't appreciate when others do it to me, so I wouldn't do it to others. AlienBear did not join until Duke had less than 50k health after I had done all the work. He stole the mug that I worked for and I used 250e. So, I was out $30M. I think I was well within my rights to ask for an FHC. By the way, the Vulpes was not 3 of them at once, it was one of them at 3 different times. So, it was becoming personal. Also, I thought pasting conversations in forums was not allowed? I was threatened of being fed when I did it years ago after proving how an admin scammed.

With regards to people hiring me, I have not had one complaint. Yes, I do charge $30M, but I use 2 x FHC and most times the mug is crap since Duke is mostly on mug protection. Also, my customers are very happy that they don't have to use any energy or lose any life since I do all the work. They always comment on how it costs way less to do it this way rather than doing it in a group and all the energy and money wasted.
animelive [1564720]

Last hit on anyone is pretty fair game imo, even if you don't do it. Pushing your own rules on others is pretty shitty. Just as shitty as Duke attacking your staff.
Daisy3 [730750]

@ Bodybagger

Duke isn't "yours" to mug. The sooner you realize that, the sooner your employees will be left alone and this thread can die an easy death.
Tempest [1867527] Wiki Contributor

Duke is not sole property of the BodyBagger

Also other people are not required to follow your rules. This is a crime game.As long as it is within torn Rules... We can do anything. You can have your rules... but expecting other people to follow them is pretty idiotic in my opinion.


Every action has equal and opposite reaction.You were trying to use Duke as a source of cash.Staff didn't like it , so they targeted you back.You can simply stop mugging duke and Duke will stop targeting you

This is not harrasment. This is instead calculated response from staff.
BodyBagger [99177]

You're right. It's for everybody. Yet, nobody does it except for Vulpes and JFA when they come in to snipe. Most times, I never mug solely to mug Duke, I'm out to help other players that can't do the mission on their own or can't even get a group to help them or it's too expensive to get a group. So, I'm doing a favour to the community. In doing so, I don't think it's unfair to expect to make a little money out of it, very little money. Frankly, I could make more just mugging players, but I like helping players and rather take away money from an NPC than players.
BodyBagger [99177]

I'm not an idiot either, I'm not going to go in the hole to do it. I use 2 x FHC which costs me $30M and I charge $30M. That's logic.

Let me explain to you something. If you ask your buddy for a favour and ask to use his truck to move stuff and he says yes. You then use $30 of gas. Well, you would then give him $30 for the used gas. Yet, he still did you a favour! Pretty simple huh?
Daisy3 [730750]

*rolls eyes*.....asking (or demanding) 2 FHC's or 30 million is NOT helping players.

Are you mugging Duke daily?

There is no way on earth there are that many people coming to you for help.

You want to "help" players then arrange to do your help once a week. That seems a lot more sensible. Dumb players will pay you and you will get a nice mug. Check with Duke if that will work....then everyone is happy.


ps....and if you get sniped on a once a week arranged mug, then retaliation from you is more than appropriate.
Weeman [506086]

For someone who claims to be unbeatable, you sure cry a lot.

Before taking money from people to help on the mission, Duke was your personal piggy bank getting 80-100m mugs per day. and now you are taking some heat for it. If I were you, I'd grow a pair and retaliate on everyone, or just roll over and admit that Duke outsmarted you.

What I wouldn't do though is cry here saying that you're being punished coz you're doing a "favor to the community"
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]

Did you read my post?

I have nothing to do with BB's actions. I don't even play the game anymore, yet Duke mugs me for pennies and every time some sheep attacks me, they feel obligated to bleat me a mail. This is harassment by staff and players with Chedburn Networks' approval.

Reminds me of Turkey's round up of the failed coup plotters or something.
BodyBagger [99177]

*rolls eyes* it costs me $30M so of course, I charge $30M... omg, simple economics

btw I get about 10 requests per day minimum so yes I get asked a lot, and everyone has different times they come on, some want it done right away, some of them have been looking for teams for 3 days and nobody wants to help them, and their mission finishes in 2 hours, etc, etc.
Silky [1591346]

Ita a terrible response from staff.

Whats next. For chat violations duke will bounty your spouse?

Admins and staff should not hide behind duke to inforce some sort of unseen rule