If JFA was routinely mugging Duke on a regular basis and gave SA contracts to beat us up, I think it would be hilarious and deserved. The topic revolves around BB mugging Duke on the regular, and Duke getting his revenge. It's a deterrence, maybe BB will stop and think about mugging Duke if he doesn't want the same thing to keep happening. Maybe he won't and the organized crime against him will continue. It's a game, people should stop being so sensitive about seeing white and having to med out.
@Titan I understand your concern, but I don't think what's happening is that big of a deal. I also think what we're discussing is a special circumstance to get revenge on the best player in the game that Duke otherwise cannot defeat. I don't know the numbers for how much money BB has mugged off Duke but I would assume it's several billion. If anything, I think a greater concern would be that BB has taken money that the rest of the game could have tried to get off Duke, that he himself has benefited greatly from the cash on an NPC. But I really don't think either are problems or worth getting upset about.
So, lets back up a bit. BB has regularly mugged Duke. Before there was a mission to beat Duke, BB used to mug him daily for 75-100 mil. Why wouldn't Duke be pissed about that? Having Duke be more interactive with players makes the game more interesting as Deft has said above.
This is an issue between Duke and BB. There isn't some faction conspiracy issue like is being portrayed by some of the posters in this thread. You guys go on and on about faction favoritism that only exists in your own head. If you want to be more involved, submit an application to join staff or the Committee. In my experience on the Committee, members are genuinely selflessly trying to make the game better. Everyone has opinions...some I agree with and some I don't...and some feel the need to comment on everything whether they know wtf they are talking about or not.
As far as the original post goes, a few things: 1. This was posted in an internal forum thread by one of the members of JFA. It reflects the thoughts and opinions of one of our members and does not speak for JFA or its management. 2. The mention of PT-IH in that post was purely speculation on the part of the poster, which has since been disproved. 3. When I discover who the faction member was passed along the post, I will go to their house and smear dogshit all over their car. I guess that is what happens when you have a 100 person faction. 4. I highly doubt there will ever be some "exclusive contract". One of our members had a chat with Duke and was trying to angle for the "business" but that doesn't mean it will actually happen. Duke says stuff. 5. The opportunity to make some money was created because one of our members had a chat with Duke who was pissed off. Go have a chat yourself with the guy. Who knows what will happen. Some of our members have made some attacks pursuant to this conversation. Some have been paid and some have not. I personally made two attacks and haven't gotten anything.
Everyone has their own reasons why it should be good but to me some things are cut and dry. Duke is a muggable character who has a mission geared towards defeating him. Before there was even a mission to beat duke he was being mugged atleast once a day from factions. Matter of fact it was factions mugging and asking for BBs help that showed BB he could do it on his own. Regardless if it's BB or not Duke gets mugged atleast once a day for mission purposes so that's where the issues lay. Many players use Duke for weapon xp and join in on the duke missions daily but it's all good..Just make him unmuggable and done is an easy solution, then he can be interactive without interruption.
Don't have him try to forcefully intimidate a player who is playing within the confines of the game. When BB mugged Hamster they instantly uped hamsters stats and took the money back from BB. When he passed 100, they brought him back down to 100. So if Duke wasn't meant to be mugged they wouldn't let him be is all I'm saying so why penalize a player for doing so.
Like I said I'm all for Duke being more involved but if he has no limits then isn't that a problem?
Read what I have said. I have not been told anything by anyone in JFA. I am quoting what someone told BodyBagger and BB posted in another thread. If you feel that is me betraying anything then so be it.
I believe it has been mentioned before that JFA likes that kind of thing. If you could talk Duke into giving you contracts to attack our entire faction, JFA, why not try it.
Highly unlikely that you would see anyone starting countless threads to bitch about it; we would buy shit loads of meds and enjoy the ride.
You realize an individual player worked this out with Duke and leadership had nothing to do with it? Now please explain how one member working a deal with Duke is preferential treatment? Did you know that you too can email duke,actually everyone in the entire game can
well I am super excited about the new updates like territory update and other things and really like them but now I am noticing some things that seriously worry me about how the things are going in the game. Like NPC not acting like NPC but a malfunctioned ARtificial Intelligence robot ched seriously needs to look into the programming of DUKE and fix it and if he doesnt it raises concerns........................
It goes beyond just this "deal" worked out with an NPC and this has been brought up for a long long time, not just with JFA but with other affiliates. It is what it is. If lots of players in the game think this to be true or looks at this to be shady then there might be a problem. Im not saying the whole game is rigged but t certainly helps further already existing theories. I might not get the same response from Duke as someone with a JFX membership, thats the issue.
I opened a chat with Duke about a week ago and, jokingly, asked him to join my faction. His response was something like he doesn't need a faction but would love a faction to do his dirty work. He then told me if I wanted to help, then to hosp BBs company members. I went ahead and hit them all once and shot him over a screenshot. He then told me, great but other factions were competing for his affection so to keep it up. Sounded like it was just him getting a rise out of people more than anything.
Interesting topic. Won't be long before Duke joins JFA. He'll fit right in. JFA is riddled with corruption, lies and deceit.
Just recently, I witnessed a JFA member using staff connections to snoop on player reports, for potentially enormous self gain. I have actual proof of it. Fact is, there are many rule breakers that staff actually know about. But, they're all mates, so it's fine. I know that a special staff/player relationship exists.
I personally am fed up of the way things are run around here. It's diabolical. I really can't be arsed for it anymore. Just look at the committee... it's an absolute joke. There are genuine players who dedicate years of their life to this game, playing by the rules, day in day out. Yet we play alongside known rule breakers that are able to do as they please.
The whole Duke situation just adds fuel to the fire. BodyBagger spent time and effort getting to where he is. Everyone who played the game at the time had the same equal chance to achieve what he did. And now he's being punished for it? It's a joke. Nothing we say or do is going to change how the game is run, or who talks to who. So, it's pointless even discussing it.
I love that throughout Torn the system has been able to be manipulated in a way that others consider to be 'exploiting', why should BB or anyone related to him be punished for taking advantage of the systems loop holes.
Duke shouldn't be able to be mugged for anything.
Not fussed if he can chat to people but he is NPC and should have a limited impact on torn; be that players targeting him or vice versa.