Why is the Mansion $3 MIL. and the barn or Ranch &15MIL . wasn't it different years ago? makes a lot more sense is you ask some of us.
Ranch & Mansion???
Started by Da-Mad-One [707254] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 27 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 49 / 100
Why is the Mansion $3 MIL. and the barn or Ranch &15MIL . wasn't it different years ago? makes a lot more sense is you ask some of us.
No that's how it's always been.
You want a better house then you have to expect to pay extra, the price steps up as you go.
i think its always been like that at least since i have been playing anyway.
in rl I think a mansion would be much better than a ranch. I think it should switch the happiness with it too. Ranch should have mansion's happiness 500, and mansion should have 600 or 800 happiness. I am not sure what happiness the ranch has. I guess you get the point
I get your point of view, but King Ranch, TX consists of 825k acres. As big as the entire state of Rhode Island. So it's not as hard to imagine a Ranch being more valuable than a Mansion as you may think.
I've fished off the coast there in Texas, it's a massive piece of land.
Land values.
It's hard to do a real life comparison because in real life, there isn't really a standard mansion, or a standard ranch. There are ranches with only 500 acres, and ranches with 100's of thousands of acres. There are relatively small mansions (mcMansions) to huge mansions. Some ranches have a tiny old house and and old barn, some have huge houses and are very luxurious.
For game play reasons, the prices in Torn are based mostly on how much happy they give, and perhaps slightly on the shooting range upgrade which is available for ranches and not for mansions.
I don't think it would be fair to simply swap the happy levels at this point. It wouldn't be fair for people who paid extra for the ranch and it's higher happy, especially when people who paid less for the mansion suddenly came out way ahead due to the change.