I like that change of attitude towards scripting.(at least i think its a big step in the right direction)
But what about the auto features already in place, publicly known and widely used (auto slots etc)?arent those exactly " against the rules"? Will they get protection by "customary law"?
Btw..im not trying to be a dick here, just an advocate for non-scripting or bot- using, mobile device clicking average joe...sry if i anger any of you people profiting from said things atm...
So using DoctorN to automatically use the slots for you would ban you from using the slots in the future? What about its other features? How exactly do you detect that, because people mostly mash the buttons quickly anyway to get their tries in and have a try at the jackpot, because it's an inherently repetitive task, detecting bots there can be tricky.
It's understandable that you're unwilling to make clear rules due to not being able to not fully enforce them, but maybe we need some more focus on getting those grey areas eradicated with better methods of detection and enforcement. The problem is that a lot of these scripts are on this forum and supposedly tolerated, as no action is taken to grave them or otherwise warn people.
I used to disagree with any script use...I still think that its cheating and against the rules...they certainly do give you an advantage over people who don't use them...mainly a time advantage. That being said however, I use the warbase script and DrNo..mainly because 'If you can't beat them, join them;. The very fact that people use these scripts (myself included) pretty much proves that they give you an advantage and therefore are against the rules.
Easiest way to know if a script you make breaks the rules is to check with staff/admin before using it instead of after. Either it's good to go and if someone complains you have someone to blaim, or there's an issue and by finding out early you avoid exposing yourself and fellow users to repurcussions.
So since yesterday, I have been sent the code of another script with some people's name on: don't worry if you're not surprised by who the script names.
I don't know about all the shit in there trying to make it not look like a script but before the API you had to use ajax calls as far as I know. Not be funny but I actually first saw ajax in scripts about 2 years ago when I saw your stock ticker. I have since used them myself since it was the only way to get the data, that I know of, at the time.
I just want confirmation if we have a script that uses ajax to get data, it is now considered illegal?