Just made my first signature today, what do you guys think?
Please leave critical and constructive comments below!!!
Second edition have been updated !
[image: i.imgur.com]
[image: s6.postimg.org]
[image: s6.postimg.org]
Edit : Improved smudge texture
Changed horrible font
Added C4d effect
Applied multiple renders (motion blur, light effect, etc)
A few other changes, such as increased contrast and brightness
You need to look at some tutorials, youtube and deviantart are full of them, start with beginner one's and learn the basics, then try your hand at more advanced ones.
Solitude will buy it for 500m
I dislike the font
Thanks! I have already watched some tutorials and decided to move forward a bit by practicing. But ofc there is much more for me to learn!
You mean the effect or the font itself?
I agree with Gurido. There's just something off with the font. the effect kinda makes it worse. no offense. what do you use to make this sig, if i may ask?
Photo shop ofc. I followed this guide mainly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_mtTozZ5G4&t=1146s
I think it is great for a first try! pretty colors with a decent theme... the problem I have is that the main image gets lost at where I would think should be the focal point. The head is hard to make out but the sword is very clear... it seems it should be the opposite if you are going to have part of the image get fuzzy.personally, I think the suit of armor and sword should all be legible.
I rather like the font. It feels like it is written with a soldering gun which is kind of fitting since it's a metal suit of armor and a sword... is it supposed to feel like water? I feel like it almost does except that, once again... the action should be at the bottom where the water would be pushed away if the suit of armor (knight) were sinking to the bottom of a body of water. perhaps I am reading it as water and it is not.
Finally, where the ID number is, the grey splotches do not match the rest of the signature. I feel like it was added to make the font look less like it was incorporated into the signature after it was constructed. Every other little addition looks etherial and fluid... that part just looks... stamped on... where everything else looks more blended, layered, and cohesive.
Thanks for comment. I will try another one with less smudge in the head. Also i can try different fonts as there should be a better choice.
The number was roughly done, as I was a bit hurry at the time, it will be redone with the same effect as the name.
the font itself, the effects, size and position.
im not against using some stylized fonts and cool effects, but at least your name should be more legible ( I dont know if you have a V or a D as first letter) (that is my opinion)
I understand what you've tried to do, but i think it doesnt fit.
The rest of the imagem is okay, but i think it can be worked some more.
ps: try to move the text to one of the corners, make it smaller and try some straight font (or straighter). try different versions etc. Maybe you can even keep some text there in the middle, but change its effects, play with blend modes, opacity and masks
also, there's smudges around the font, and around the knight. it...makes the font and sig looks messy imho.
colours are alright tho. just the font type, effect and those distracting smudges.
keep practicing tho! :)
Second edition
https://dawnstormgraphics.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/zenronguide.jpg
That will help a lot with the basics, as artist said use deviantart and look at other tutorials as well and find resource packs.
2nd attempt looks much more better...but the font type still bugs me. the effect is cool tho. i dunno, maybe it's just that I have my own font preferences.
left side of the sig...looks kinda empty.
Probably because it is not merged into the picture. I need to learn that next
You mean the empty left space or the font?
The font. But I will also add some thing to the left
Its a good start,.. Im pretty new to photoshop to,, but i think u should try this.
- Take eraser, take soft round brush ( size 27) set opacity to 20-30, and slowly clear up near the head.
- I think u got your font style set to bevel and emboss- and have it set to inner level uh? If im correct change the size of inner level Big letters = more size small letters = less size , Go to - blending options-> bevel and emboss -> Should find size their
If im wrong,,, I only try to help :P
is that a bevel and emboss you applied on the boss? I dont recommend it also, you can do a cool texture effect with other techniques.
Where are you getting your fonts from and how?
the problem for me, now is thati dont know if your last R is a R or a S :D
ofc it is my opinion, but the text is still hurting my eyes and dont let me focus on the rest.
about size and hierarchy, is also importante for you to decide. is it so important for people to read your text? and how important? with this size and location you are givint it the same importance as the knight. that is why most signs usually have small texts in some corner