When mugging someone, in how much hours I can re-mug them and in how much hours are they going to give full amount again?
Mugging question
Started by Detective [1557351] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 12
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 28
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Z-Pac [1992605]
· 15 likes ·
"When you get mugged in Torn, you are automatically protected for a couple of hours from being mugged again, while holding up to the same amount of cash. Put into real terms: If you are holding $10m, and get mugged, …
When mugging someone, in how much hours I can re-mug them and in how much hours are they going to give full amount again?
"When you get mugged in Torn, you are automatically protected for a couple of hours from being mugged again, while holding up to the same amount of cash. Put into real terms: If you are holding $10m, and get mugged, you might lose $1m on that initial mug. For 2 hours though, after this, you can walk around Torn holding $10m, and anyone who tries to mug you again will get $0. You are basically protected for up to $10m.
After 2 hours, this protected value will slowly taper back to $0 after 12 hours in a fairly linear progression. These numbers may not be exact, but for example, after 3 hours, you might only be protected for $9m. After 4 hours, $8m, and so on, until after 12 hours, anyone mugging you will get a full mug again. It's important to keep this in mind, as you might have been protected for a large sum of money 3 or 4 hours ago, and you are vulnerable to losing money again, even though you're not fully vulnerable.
What happens if you take out more money than you originally had on you when you were first mugged? Good question. You will NOT be mugged for the full value of what you hold. The mug calculation is only done on the difference between your protected value, and your current money held. So, if you are protected for 10m, and you are holding 11m and get mugged, then the mugger might only get 100k or so (10% of 1m, the difference).
This holds true if your protected value has started tapering back towards $0. If, after 7 hours, you're still holding 10m, and your original mug was while you were holding 10m, then your protected value will only be around $5m, and if you get mugged you might lose around 500k. "
Source - Nash's mug protection guide.
Stuff like this is in the attacking forum. Buried somewhere. A shame the slutting multies took over it with their spam years ago, the attacking forum used to be good.
Thank you for the detailed info! Really appreciated. I thought 12 hours is for full mug again, but had no idea what happens in between those 12 hours. Thank you for clearing that up!
I feel like I haven't gotten a bounty when I mugged instead of hospitalized. Is that true
mugging and claiming bounties are different things.
That is what I thought but I've watched and not reflected the bounty when I mugged someone listen on bounty page.
You only get a bounty by hospitalizing.
So who's your mugging target that went inactive ?
Tell me NOW xD, i promise i wont mug him/her.
I don't know what you're talking about...:P
This is garbage, when did this change? I felt something was up with my mugs.
The dunmugmehs got their way by whining and crying enough to get it 'chedded'.
The whining still persists though ....
In fact i have seen even more whining since the last 'chedding'