Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Requesting Feedback

Started by Cazio [585240] on in Graphics.

10 replies · 114 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

cl3ric0l [569400] ×1 DARKSTAR_ZETA [1888275] ×1

Cazio [585240]

Alright here goes, I've been messing around with sigs for the past week or so now, I do have some prior experience with photoshop but nothing really to brag about, I've been trying to learn how to create some signatures that I could feel personally happy with to put out there and get some criticism (preferably helpful) and feedback in general so here it is!

[image: s3.amazonaws.com]

Update
New Draft submission:
[image: s3.amazonaws.com]

Thanks for being constructive guys, any further tips are greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

- Caz



DARKSTAR_ZETA [1888275]

I like the colour scheme. The left side of the sig is too bright and feels empty. Have a look at my profile picture of Lucifer to see how I filled the top half to solve the empty area.
Sap4balls [2007389]

First of all, do not listen to this advice.

It's a decent start actually, but its very plain and very simple, try using some textures. Look at some tutorials and try to expand on the solid base of this tag.

Keep it up :)
Cazio [585240]

Thank you for your feedback, very helpful as I haven't really thought about textures in depth so this is something I'll certainly expand on. I didn't want to go overboard so I tried to keep it minimal as usually when I focus on the outside of the render too much I tend to destroy my piece so I definitely need to have a lot more practice with this.

@DARKSTAR_ZETA[1888275]
- I'll look into this but my issue tends to be that when I start filling out areas I lose focus from my render and the whole thing starts to spoil, but I do need to practice filling out my signatures a lot more, as I too felt it was lacking some life.

@cl3ric0l [569400] - I'll have a look into this for sure, positioning and creating flow is something I've always struggled with so anything that can help me in these areas is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, very constructive :)

- Caz


Mentions: cl3ric0l [569400] · DARKSTAR_ZETA [1888275]

Cazio [585240]

Thank you, I was going to leave it as that originally but I felt it was lacking something, the effect was my attempt to bring some more life to the signature without complicating it but this could probably be done far better with textures, much appreciated feedback :)
shak [1592807]

I have no idea about the working of it all but i like how you have started. Too many people clutter shit and use fancy things to fill up sigs. I like your simple style, so looking forward to seeing you get better. Mail me with your changes to this sig after you act on advice i might require your services. Simple to me is better.
Cazio [585240]

I'm still finding my style but so far I do enjoy simple, every time I've done complicated I haven't liked the result, no doubt as I get better this will improve but for now I'm going to stick to the less is more philosophy until I'm confident enough with my skill set to create those type of signatures. I'm at work at the moment so my second draft will probably be this evening but I'll be sure to invite you back to view the finished result, thank you for your kind feedback, much appreciated :)
Cazio [585240]

Alright guys, second draft here we go, first I'd like to say thanks for all the constructive feedback! I'm personally happy with the results, I think it looks a lot cleaner and more attractive to the eye, there's a lot more life in there now but it doesn't spoil the image in my opinion.

[image: s3.amazonaws.com]
All feedback appreciated, thanks guys!


Sap4balls [2007389]

It still needs a lot of work, at the minutes it's a background, a render and text. You need to add some textures, some adjustment layers etc. Don't stop this tag as it is now. Keep working on it and we'll continue to point you in the right direction.