Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Miata build

Started by TheReviver [1507876] on in Graveyard.

3 replies · 38 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100
TheReviver [1507876]

1991 Miata, automatic, 1.6l

I obtained this car about 10 monthes ago for free (Got hooked up). I drove it around for quite awhile, but it was slow as hell and it pissed oil like a mf'. So It got parked about 6ish monthes ago and I pulled the full drivetrain, after everythig was pulled out I then tore the motor down.
Come to find out one of my pistons was literally cracked in half and only being held onto by the rings.

I lost motivation for awhile due to work and life and it sat there for a few monthes. But finally about a month ago I get a call that our miata club has attained a wrecked 91 with a good motor and manual transmission (yay not so girly). I go look at it, and end up paying 500 dollars for it.

That weekend I swap the whole drivetrain from the wrecked miata and into mine (subframe, struts, control arms, rotors, motor, tranny, driveline, ppf, and wiring harness). I kept my rear end because its an LSD. got it running, which it runs like a champ, couldnt be happier, motor compression is 180 across the board.

Last week I finally got around to doing some paint work and got it prepped, sealed, and primed( I did a lot of the bodywork about 8 monthesago but lost motivation to finish). And thats how it sits now and im driving it. Mods coming soon are turbo, full suspsnsion, coolant reroute, full weld in cage, and some other fun stuff. I will update this thread as more things get done.
https://postimg.org/image/5wiez8xlf/
https://postimg.org/image/y5idwkhst/
https://postimg.org/image/kcv40dlr3/

https://postimg.org/image/xcj76uuuj/
https://postimg.org/image/fz4li1cgj/
https://postimg.org/image/lksrgehbh/
https://postimg.org/image/v82u1hi5j/
https://postimg.org/image/6stsl8qw3/
https://postimg.org/image/wnl6d5hq3/

cogo [1855260]

The only thing i understood here is that you need to use paragraphs. My eyes hurt so much.

But on another note i dont want your car , i have like 20 Ferrari's in stock and a Lambo also.