Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bounties.

Started by inactive-acct [2026053] on in Suggestions.

13 replies · 210 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
40
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
inactive-acct [2026053]

One thing I would like to bring up is the bounty system. I think that people are taking the bounty system to the extreme, honestly there should be a Cool down timer or a daily limit to the bounties that are placed on another player. Torn has rich veteran players who literally make new people quit torn because they bounty their life to the ground. Which yes this is a crime game I get that. But at the same time... maybe give new players a chance... otherwise... we are killing off our own population growth... Torn will not grow if people quit.

-Lane
Dullahan [2006813]

I did like the sugarvalves on adding types of bounties. however I think they do add to the game as a rule. I think it would be nice to have options for the bounties or have level based bounties and more choices. However in faction I find being hospitalized alot in war is just something you have to learn to deal with cope and manage the medical cool down. (no granted its not easy) but I think the game does need them. In some cases just for the duke missions, merits and well some people do pick fights with higher ups and well they endured alot to get where they are and deserve that respect. Not saying I want to be bountied etc however some of the things I have heard said in done in here I have to give players like Collete kudos for her effort in it. Staff can chat ban etc but the player policing itself is pretty good. Albeit we all can make a remark that ends us up bountied. just ride them out and move on. yes they can be abused but if the bounties were too lax...it would defeat the point of having bounties. when you bounty somebody ten times...it should be a severe thing.
Collete [1389080]

Your last account Lane I bountied after you called me c**t 8 times in global and you want to whinne on your new account consider yourself back on my bounties list

You are 11 days old and placed 53 bounties yourself and are egotist and complaining about the system geez
daub [1869454]

Can we sticky a version the current newspaper article on bounty suggestions to help prevent these constant threads?
_Sera_ [1951898]

Um..isn't there already a limit for bounty per player?10?
But yea I get what OP is trying to say, cool down limit and daily limit. Had a faction mate who was bountied for months...and I've heard some are bountied for almost a year...unlucky are the ones getting bountied for years. that sucks.



evil_inside1332 [1899761]

while trading, i often pay people to put bounties on me so i can avoid getting mugged, i don't get why people endlessly complain about getting this edge over the muggers for free...
this suggestion makes no sense to me from a strategic point of view...
maybe because the players that suggest this all have an ID# of 2 million plus, causing them not to fully understand the game?

R-

inactive-acct [2026053]

You were sent $25 from someone with the message: Collete is like the high school bully who picks on junior high kids because she knows if she messed with people her own size her ass would get murked.



Wollongong [12833]

There is already a limit to the amount of bounties you can place on someone.
But yes, I can see how it might be good to put a limit in place.



HOWEVER: this limit should be very extreme. It should only hinder those who are so full of hate, that they keep refreshing their victim and each time they see a bounty claimed put another in there, ensuring a pretty much 100% hosp time.

This isn't kindergarten. And even if the limit is reached, I think people should be able to put bounties into a sort of waiting list kind of thing.