Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Restart !!

Started by Lily [1530574] on in General Discussion.

41 replies · 675 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

ccwy [2007926]

New player can buy a kill streak and defends if friends are giving money. Also easier to do a kill streak when you have new player protection. That just gives them a few impressive awards. But will that person still be playing in a year? Will they bother with the daily grind of building their battle stats?

No matter what they do, none of them has 10M in stats at 30 days. It's impossible. And wasting E on a kill streak at that age (unless they bought it) only puts them further behind in battle stats.
Lonestar [1151936]

Why bother? Do you really want to go through all that crap again and if so, why?

Stay as you are man...play another game if youre bored of this...preferably one of the crappy clones and see how bored you get as a newbie!
Plornt [1799359]

Eh, as a restart for many reasons some just for fun, the task of starting over without stats without being able to join a company (is that restriction still in place or am I thinking about factions?), without being able to access a lot of the game (again talking 3 years now since i last restarted) and without being allowed to send yourself any of your current accounts items (including through a friend); I personally think its fair.

Yes you have a slight advantage over other newer players but its just a fun way of creating your own goals beating the last time you restarted in a game where its near impossible to catch up stat/level wise with those who have been playing for years longer than you have. You will quickly be among the other players again with long waits between different things happening. The game is like any mobile game created in the last 5 years, after you get out of the initial start you have to begin waiting long periods to be able to progress.

On a random side note, although it'd never happen since it'd split the player base and make certain things meaningless in the realtime game, it would be fun to have a side game that resets every so often with all the timings sped up on things like education etc just to have fun and with certain things rolling over between resets (kinda like final earth).
dunmugmeh [538353]

There are no advantages of restarting or being a new player really.

Restarting is just a fad which the empty headed of this game think is a really cool idea.



The lights are on but nobody is at home.
GucciWop666 [2015478]

Ok so someone got 10k stats out of refills and FB torn. I have about 2k stats total and am level 12? I think.



Is it a good idea to restart to get more stats?
Michi [1922819]

no, I wasted my refills too compared to the players that actually "started right" when I started but I'm still playing a year and a half later and most of them are barely active now..guess who's stronger?

edit: best advice I've been told, the game is a marathon not a sprint
Vladar [1996140]

There are always going to be people stronger than you that are younger than you. I started the same way, I wasted all my refills, I didn't have any money for the first two months or so because I didn't do the facebook thing, etc - but why restart? Accept the mistakes you've made and keep trudging on, there will always be something you could have done better, set your own goals and enjoy hitting them. I've made a goal for myself to try to hit 1 million stats in my first year, for example - even if I make it (I will, with time to spare, unless something goes seriously wrong), there are still people I know that hit a million within their first 100 days, but I'll still be pleased with my own goal, and I'll have fun trying to hit my next one.
mug [553318] Committee Committee

not a big deal imo - unless if you are the best player in the game, z_junior, there is always someone better/stronger/richer than you at all times. whatever age/level you are there are tons of players better than you what is the big deal if it's the same case for someone in the younger levels/age.
Dagrims [2007550]

Why restart to get more stats? Just get more stats with your current account. If you start from scratch at day one, or "start from scratch" at day 100 or 200 or 2000, what's the difference?
JustJanet [911066]

Restarting for someone willing to put a lot of effort and time into the game might be worth it.. but the entire idea of restarting is a lazy way to deal with whatever shit you put on yourself that makes the current account suck. Most will not have the dedication and drive to continue.. those who do, well then more power to them. it seems easier to just refocus and get dedicated and driven with the old account.
TED [496062]

There are a lot accounts I have noticed saying "RMT - Pending appeal", Wouldn't be surprised if this if this was the case here or if perhaps a middle man was used to transfer funds from their main account to their duplicate account. They'll also get caught in the long-haul either way...
Ale [1953086]

Those free refills combined with knowledge of how to use them are a huge advantage for restarts.

That said, I'm only about a year and a half old and a free PI wouldn't tempt me to restart. I suspect most people feel the same.


dunmugmeh [538353]

Falling further behind wont help you catch up any quicker.

10 million stats on a 5 year old account along with all the merits and leveling earned etc is WAY better than starting from 0 and having no merits etc.
stealthmug [2003184]

Not what the thread was about, but yeah. I'm aware. Some people were stupid and took too big of a loan from Duke Rothschild, and blew it all in the casino. Just saying.

And I had way more than 10 million stats, but it's not everything considering there were plenty of people who could still own me.
ccwy [2007926]

No need to restart anyway. If you scam a bunch of people, you can just change your name, right? They'll forget eventually.
duckroid [861541]

I think restarting this game would be similar to restarting your real world life. We all have made mistakes in the real world and restarting could eliminate those, but guess what....you will make some other ones anyway. Besides, who really wants to go through that poopy diaper thing again.