I mean real pilotes irl :)
My buddy and i are have this discussion.
He says Pilotes are NOT allowed to drink diet-soda that contain Aspartame before flight. If that is true.....can someone please explain WHY and maybe link to RECENT studies? not studies done in the 80s :)
Thank you
Hi,
My brother is a pilot, and he says that pilots are allowed to drink carbonated drinks before flying, but it is not recommended as the carbonation in the drinks can argue with the aspartne at high pressure!
So, basically, pilots can drink diet soda before flying, BUT: Be warned that those who do will get a small stomach ache!
Hope this helped!
I forgot to include in the last post that the New Scientist did a study on this some time last year, it was the issue around May.
Oh, i gotta find that one :) or do you have a link to it?
Sorry, but I don't, I would have had it in a magazine, but I must have binned it!
It was in an issue published in May last year, you may be able to get it online
I think you can also get it on the news app
Pilotes? Isn't that some kind of exercise? I think my wife does it once a week
Im an aviator. I fly with pilots and navigators almost every month. We can drink anything we want, including alcohol. Although, we cant drink alcohol 12 hours before flight, its called "bottle to throttle."
that sounds like effort