I have been mentoring two for the last several months. Both are in good shape. Just found two more I have started helping with. AND I never mentor those that reach out to me since those are the ones that within a few emails will ask for $$$. Its not hard to find those ultra active new players that are really trying hard to make it to the next level. Its important that we help them for the game to grow..
Posts archived: 84 / 84 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I have been mentoring two for the last several months. Both are in good shape. Just found two more I have started helping with. AND I never mentor those that reach out to me since those are the ones that within a few emails will ask for $$$. Its not hard to find those ultra active new players that are really trying hard to make it to the next level. Its important that we help them for the game to grow..
Im not asking for anything but some guidance if anyone will help
I have mentored many many players over the years. The big problem is a lot of them quit after blowing all the play money i helped them to make playing blackjack. Seriously. At least 75%+ of them.
Im mentoring a few new players at the moment with advice etc and some trading.
I opened a chat with you, but looks like I missed you....
I used to, but gave up a long time ago.
Most of 'em either expected money and items and so quit to start a new multi when I said all I was giving 'em was advice and guidance. The others found the learning curve too steep and gave up after a while.
I was lucky enough to be in Mug's nub faction and that taught me far more than being given a load of free stuff.
Best advice to new players is find a friendly, active faction. That will teach you all you need to need to know but more importantly draw you into the social side of the game without which, I'm sure most nubs would quit quite fast.
Most of Mug's Nubs have scattered now but theyre all still on my friends list ( so I know when they're offline and I can mug them ).
Building them up so you can scam em when they get rich, i like your style bro.
When i first started i got a mail from Hank to join Relentless (Was called Calculating at the time), i thought i could learn a lot from joining that faction. I joined it at around level 20 only around 50-100 days old. They got in a big war with another faction then Bravekath said i couldnt help the faction in the war and that i was useless cause of my stats so she kicked me out. (not even a joke). Felt like quitting to be honest but i checked the faction recruitment forums and joined The Saints, where i have been ever since and i love it here. Now i'm level 50 with better stats.
Yeah, we started to have standards in the noobs we recruited, rather than leeches. Now we have some of the best low age players in Torn. Level 50 at 800 days old? Lol...
Damn, they should be grateful to you Nash - props for trusting them with your illegal scripts at such a young age
R+
Any new players looking for help/advice hit me up. I'll do what I can. I was the recipient of some strong advice as a newb after 100 days or so (IRC) so I'd like to pay it forward. Happy holidays!
Oh trust me i am no leech, if i was a leech i wouldn't be in the faction that i am now. I have also took a break and and didn't play seriously for a while so thats why the level/age ratio may be bad.
I do remember however getting faction messages to mass dislike a player named Boo's posts because the player was getting mad apparently, i found that to be very childish also.
Well thank goodness you're not here for any of that childishness any more, right? Good riddance to weeding out people like you early on.
Oh dear all that scripting or whatever you do has given you a massive ego, you need to calm down. When i was in that faction you were a noob as well. Hopefully you get punished for all that cheating you and your shit faction do.
You started it by slagging off Relentless, chump. And cheating? Please. Since when was being good at something being a cheater? You sound like Boo's multi. You keep on being average, big guy... You're doing great.
Whats wrong with being level 50(ish) at 800 days(ish)??
:-S
46.5 posts before the bickering! 0.5 since I'm starting to not take SA vs SA serious anymore after seeing it in EVERY thread.
I wonder what the GD record is for consecutive 'meaningful' posts.
There is a lot of whining and spam. Thats why so many get forum/mail/chat banned and sometimes even fedded when the whining gets out of control.
Implying Nash is a noob just makes you seem like an idiot.
Are you really going to call the person with one of the highest stat/age ratios, massive Networth and writer of some of the best guides for Torn a noob? If so, please reconsider.
As for Relentless being a shit faction - With Hank, Nash and Bravekath (and a few others) we have writers of some of the most excellent guides in the forums available leading to an extremely high knowledge of the game within the faction. Quite a few of the guides were available only in the faction forums before they became public. If that is not enough for you, then we have quite a few stat monsters to top it off. If you need any further proof I'd like to point towards the >500k respect and the dirty bomb we have built and our sister faction (founded by Relentless members) Unrelenting.
To conclude: You getting kicked for being incompetent years ago, does not a shit faction make today. In fact, trimming the fat actually helps a faction grow (Who would have thought)
I have a great mentor , I help players that need help , :) xD
I dont judge players by there past no one is perfect!!