I recently purchased my racing license and started racing. I bought an E class honda civic and after getting my driving skill up started to win some races and points. I used those points on my civic thinking i could continue to use it. But i come back after a race finishes and noticed that i had leveled up to D class. Now i have an E class honda civic with a bunch of upgrades that i have to use to race agaisnt D class cars. This is kind of unfair becuase i didnt know that once you leveled up your racing class you were unable to go back. Now i have to buy a D class car and will have no points to upgrade it with. Im going to lose race after race until i level up in racing class again. Im never going to be able to win any racing events or earn any points from here on out because people will have faster cars. I dont see why its not possible for you to go back and race in E class events after you level up. After you level up to D class you should have the option, once you click offical events, to choose which class you want to race in. Now that i have no good D class car that can win cuz i have no racing points, there is really no point in me even racing anymore. This needs to be fixed.
Racing
Started by JustTheToe [2032597] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 26 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 44 / 100
I recently purchased my racing license and started racing. I bought an E class honda civic and after getting my driving skill up started to win some races and points. I used those points on my civic thinking i could continue to use it. But i come back after a race finishes and noticed that i had leveled up to D class. Now i have an E class honda civic with a bunch of upgrades that i have to use to race agaisnt D class cars. This is kind of unfair becuase i didnt know that once you leveled up your racing class you were unable to go back. Now i have to buy a D class car and will have no points to upgrade it with. Im going to lose race after race until i level up in racing class again. Im never going to be able to win any racing events or earn any points from here on out because people will have faster cars. I dont see why its not possible for you to go back and race in E class events after you level up. After you level up to D class you should have the option, once you click offical events, to choose which class you want to race in. Now that i have no good D class car that can win cuz i have no racing points, there is really no point in me even racing anymore. This needs to be fixed.
Edit. Another option. Instead of automatically upgrading your driving class on its own it should atleast give you the option to hold off or something. Kind of like how you have the option to level your character up or hold off for a time. I mean it didnt even give me a notice that i leveled up my driving class. It should tell you before you level that you are about to level up in driving class and will no longer be able to race in E class events. I wasted all racing points not knowing. The only option i have to be able to earn rwcing points ever again is if i have my account deleted and start over with a better knowledge of the game. I dont understand how this issue hasnt been fixed in 12 years.
collect some racing points before upgrading, so you can quickly upgrade after leveling up
and if you already leveled up, u can just view the highscores of your class on the last tab, there you can see which car is best for which track
It's part of the game, if you read the guide on it before you started you would know, u are matched against other cars with similar upgrade so get a class D car there is certain amount of points gained then you go up a class
You don't need to upgrade your car to earn racing points, at least not in Class E and D. I haven't spent a single point and I'm class D (don't judge me, I started late lol). You should be fine. Just farm some driving skill with a bunch of 100 lap docks or parkland.
Your fault for not reading the guides and all that, and your layout is god awful of this thread I couldn't read through the whole thing.
But you have a good point, the lack of official races with lesser class cars being available to higher class racers does cause an issue, as does the automatic upgrade system.
Personally I'd be happy if racers of any class can choose to take part in a race of a lower class, BUT only against their own class and above. I say above as well since it would be pretty much dead except in Class A otherwise given the spread of players.
But if they are enough players to support it, limit these races to drivers within the same class, but have the car restrictions to the lower class.
Suggestions to fix it have been brought up and died multiple times, sadly, but mostly because there aren't enough racers in Torn.
I'm bringing
Spend very minimal points upgrading until you reach class A.
There are still plenty of people who Love to race in Torn. Once you are class A there are some competitions...Like "Night Racers" that you will need to build those lower level cars in order to compete. (But I wouldn't suggest doing it until class A) Your lower level cars will become important later on in custom events.
If getting the points is an issue...I would suggest you work for a racing type company. ( i.e. Mechanic shop etc. ) In these companies you will earn free racing points.
I hope this is helpful and you continue to race...I would love to see you on the track one day in the Torn Cities, Professional Racing Championships :)
I appreciate that you guys took time out to reply and give me insight. Im sorry my forum posts suck and are hard to read but all i have to play torn on is a phone and i hate my keyboard and typing with it enough as it is.
You guys are probably right. I should have read the manual on racing first but i just assumed that i would be able to race E class as much as i wanted and whenver i wanted to. Where im at right now, i spent all racing points on my E class then joined a race. After that race was complete, which i placed like 4th or something, my driver skill was high enough that i went to D class with no racing points.
I tried my E class in D class and even though i have like 7 upgrades or so i finished 6th place and i was over 6 or 7 minutes behind the leader. That made me kinda upset. Not gonna lie. So i then went and purchased a D class car. I have probably raced 8 or 9 races with it and ive managed 3rd place one time earning me 1 point. All other races were 6th place maybe one 4th place.
I guess ill just continue to grind it out with this D class car i have. I dont really want to spend the only point i have, if i even can. So i guess i could ask your opinions on what you think a good ammount of points to bring into C class with me is. And also, if im lucky enough to win any races should i spend any on this D class car or should i just save what i can earn and maybe spend some of them on my C class car when i level up?
Again. Thank you for taking the time out to read this (or some of it) and respond. The community on torn has always been helpful to me and i appreciate that. Especially on a game that has so much to do and learn.
Read the guide that's the best option, there is points where you will have to grind.
Generally you shouldn't really need to upgrade Class E or D cars much at all (maybe some for Class D). You should really save up for Class C.
Check out Baldr's racing guide, though. Should be pretty helpful: http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=21&t=15963648&b=0&a=0
Mentions: TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr