What you know about it? Feel free to share your experiences.
Deep/dark web
Started by Milos [1690243] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 26
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 20 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 44 / 100
- Engagement score
- 61 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Jobby [1640111]
· 2 likes ·
I don't really see the point to be honest, unless it's for nefarious purposes. Tor is a pain in the hole anyway and I'm pretty sure you're being tracked whatever anyone says...that combined with not wanting my laptop to get …
What you know about it? Feel free to share your experiences.
I don't really see the point to be honest, unless it's for nefarious purposes. Tor is a pain in the hole anyway and I'm pretty sure you're being tracked whatever anyone says...that combined with not wanting my laptop to get AID's.
Hahahaha
Erm...weird, he was asking about the dark web if anyone's interested
It's good if you live in a 3rd world shit hole that blocks real news, or buying drugs, that's about it. As he's in the US I'm not sure why he'd ask, you can get drugs on every street corner.
Sorry was a bit sober and created this thread but i guess will keep it going.
I'm sure someone must be tracking me but i've been on it for like 3 years came across some wierdest shit i've seen but still i just cant stop browsing it and also purchased molly and weed sometimes.
I watched CSI Cyber so I'm somewhat of an expert on this. The bad guys are called black hats and Little Bow Wow is a good guy.
If i told you, I would have to kill you.
Is that the part of the internet ISIS is?
"Im not talking about closing the Internet, Trump said. Im talking about closing parts of the Internet where ISIS is."
(http://time.com/4150891/republican-debate-donald-trump-internet/)
I doubt it, I found two "red rooms" websites, but both were fake, I'm pretty sure ISIS just uses twitter, facebook or some stuff like that, although, once I have found poisons handbook made by some radical islamist, I remember from that only few cigarettes are enough to kill a man, however I don't remember what's the process of making poison from cigarettes, nor do I wish to know, but in that handbook there were 10-ish different poisons, possibly more. So who knows, maybe I just wasn't "deep" enough.
One thing that can never be shut down without shutting down entirely is the internet, any content. The internet is pandoras box. In this case though the only way to close it is to shut it all down. ISIS wouldn't operate that deep outside planning because they need to be accessible to the people to thrive. As far as shutting anything down, it's not really possible for more than very short periods. It'd be like finding a needle in a haystack then the needle randomly teleporting to another spot in the hay stack.
Theres the whiskey trick if that jogs your memory [:sick:]
I had Tor on my old laptop & used it a couple times to explore some of the drug sites for about an hr. . I was in total fear that I was going to come across some disturbing kiddie pron. Or some poor dude being butchered in the middle east or S. east asia. But all in all I wasn't that impressed & didn't come across anything I can't find on Chrome..
Maybe I wasn't digging deep enough. But that's fine with me. Some images are hard to get out of your head, if ever. & I do tend to dwell on things that effect me in a negative manner.
Never ventured onto the dark side, i have been tempted but curiosity killed the cat.
besides that you can be tracked easily to the trained eye.
Imagine being in a country which censors the majority of the internet and monitors what you do. Suddenly Tor seems appealing.
So, 17 posts in and I'm the first to be on topic....wow.
Let's define what the OP actually wants to talk about:
The Deep Web and the Dark Web are both part of the World Wide Web. Compiled information in the form of a web site.
The Deep Web are the web sites of the WWW that you can't find/access through your favourite search engine.
The Dark Web is a sub set of the Deep Web. The web sites you can only access with specific software or need some form of password/authentication to enter. A part of Torn therefore is part of the Dark Web.
Tor on the other hand is software that allows you access to the WWW through a set of proxy servers. Nothing more, nothing less.
Though it has a feature called hidden services which allows you to run/access web sites which are only accessible through the Tor network. So it allows you to create a Dark Web site.
The deep/dark web is like the evil version of chrome. I know that you can hire assassins, get illegal information (Such as credit card details or details about a certain person) and there is a huge amount of sites that do illegal things on webcam.