Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Curious

Started by RommeL [1777907] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 127 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
RommeL [1777907]

Using Cha Cha's gym, I can train 15 times with 7 dots = 105 gains (?)

Using Balboa's gym, I can train 6 times with 7.5 dots = 45 gains (?)

What am I missing out? Surely specialty gyms should give higher returns?
shaz1 [270923]

What matters are the gym dots. 7.5 dots > 7 dots. You will gain more at a higher dot gym.

The reason you can only train 6 times in Balboa is because each train cost 25 energy compared to 10 energy in Cha Cha. Ultimately both uses 150 energy at full train. So again, what matters are the gym dots.

Source: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Gym
RommeL [1777907]

I agree, but then, given a full E bar (150) am I not getting higher returns from Cha Cha's compared to Balboa's?

That to me is quite illogical, given the effort/resource we spend to unlock a special gym.
shaz1 [270923]

You are not getting higher returns from Cha Cha compared Balboa? That is supposed to be the case. Balboa IS the specialist gym.

Anyhow, can you post the full E bar gains here on both the gyms. Balboa should definitely gain you more stats.
Nazure [1964909]

I'm having 100e Max.

So, I can predict that as for me, training 4 times at Balboa (which cost 25*4=100e) yield more stat gain than training 10 times at Cha Cha (which also cost 10*10=100e)

B/c 7.5 is higher than 7
Stente [1899758]

The dots indicate how much you gain per energy spent, not per train.

So basically:

7.5 dot in a 25e gym will give you net-gains of 7.5*25e = 187.5 per 25e

7.0 dot in a 10e gym will give you net-gains of 7.0*10e = 70 per 10e = 175 per 25e



The dots directly translates to how much you gain PER ENERGY SPENT in the gym, thus the higher the dot the higher the gain :)
RommeL [1777907]

hmmm
this makes more sense

will do some more tinkering around



Thanks all of you for your inputs. Really appreciate it.