Is there a limit to stats?
Stat Limit
Started by I3omb [1967489] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 14
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 26
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 67 / 100
- Historical score
- 35 / 100
- Story score
- 38 / 100
- Engagement score
- 63 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 10 likes ·
Technically there is, stats use a 64 bit signed integer value which would mean the theoretical maximum is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 - bogie [148747] Admin
· 4 likes ·
What purpose would doubling it be? I imagine it's kept signed for consistency sake, as money is the same which can go negative. It is technically possible to have negative stats too, drugs like PCP which give a set deduction … - bogie [148747] Admin
· 3 likes ·
I'll disappoint you and say that I don't, I have to Google it every time.
Is there a limit to stats?
Gains are infinite
There is no limit.
There's a stat cap limit but that doesn't mean when you hit a number of stats you'll stop gaining stats but rather when you hit a point ( 50 million in a stat) you'll stop gaining more per E the more stats you gave.
at 10m you'll be gaining more than 5m in a stat and so on but once you hit 50m you'll gain the same flat rate even at 1 billion in a stat.
Technically there is, stats use a 64 bit signed integer value which would mean the theoretical maximum is 9,223,372,036,854,775,807
why is it signed?
I know that...was just saying that if it was unsigned you can double that number right there...and it's not like you can have negative stats :D
What purpose would doubling it be? I imagine it's kept signed for consistency sake, as money is the same which can go negative.
It is technically possible to have negative stats too, drugs like PCP which give a set deduction to stats based on your level can put your stats to negative in rare situations... This may well have been fixed now as it was discovered that in the attack system if you had negative stats it counted as infinite stats... Some players had exploited this to gain infinite effective defence... They no longer have this perk of course...
You ****ing nerd m8
Please tell me you have that number memorized.
I'll disappoint you and say that I don't, I have to Google it every time.
How do i pronounce this again?