I was currently given someone's API key... What do I do with it?
API key
Started by Marshmellowz [2028106] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 10
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 63 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 25 / 100
- Engagement score
- 48 / 100
I was currently given someone's API key... What do I do with it?
Why would someone give you their API key? The only key you need is your own.
I'm not really sure.
The API key is used to pull information about your account through a programming interface. (Mind, it can't pull any of the sensitive information, just general details that everyone else can already see).
Err, what?
So no passwords. Just things like how many xans you taken and are you online or not.
look at the api forum.
there is a lot of stuff going on in there. im not into scripts though so i have no interest in the details.
Depending on what you do with it you could see things like their stats and how much money they currently have on hand and exactly how long until they return from travelling. Not something I would ever give anyone. Not sure why someone would give you theirs. Since you can reset your API key any time it's probably not actually of any use to you. Just ignore it.
I think the right thing would be to disregard it and not use it.
Bare in mind, it does give people to things like where your money is stored, what your battle stats are, etc. You definitely don't want to be handing the key around to other players that you don't trust.
Hence my original question, why would someone randomly give you their key...